Max Boost

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 15 2003, 11:51 PM
anyone want to take a guess at how long a b20 would last on 40psi?

i would guess on the first compression stroke at above about 12psi. no overlap of course-- meaning it will never get to 40psi :D

well, as long as he doesn't unload in 3rd, and can figure out how to wire a 5-bar map sensor...... lol

asshat...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 16 2003, 12:56 AM
well, as long as he doesn't unload in 3rd, and can figure out how to wire a 5-bar map sensor...... lol

asshat...

what would be harder, a 5 bar map sensor or rewiring an entire engine harness? been in the library for 5 hours searching, copying pages from wire diagrams on my 96 honda civic to convert it back to obd1 without buying a new harness, and fixing all the problems the guy before me made. he also made it even more difficult by using different color code wires.

keven, you all say it cant be done, i give a way it can be done. dont forget, im the guy who will run 8 psi on an engine runnin 11:1 compression. ill just get me some fat injectors and an ecu i can tune.

si, i can build a b20 runnin 40 lbs for the rest of my life...boost is relevant to the cams your running.

h22, time to get your licks in. why dont you take shots at me for my shot peening remark. i made an err...i went and talked to my guy at the machine shop to verify what he was talking about, and he explained. he was gonna shot peen them first adding a few bucks to it then just shot peen them with the lead balls. i guess its all about cleaning the rod before you peen it.

mike, overlap doesnt relate to rev's. i can build a stock engine, minus the ti valves, that would be able to rev to 10k all day long.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 02:48 PM
boost is relevant to the cams your running.

if you honestly think this....

i don't even fucking know what to say to you.

maybe buy a geo???

you should try LEARNING stuff, instead of makign yourself look liek a fucking idiot.

i mean fuck- he can't figure out how to run wires- yet he can rev to 10k all day with no valve train and run 40 pounds off boost on 5-bar map sensors that don't work with a standalone that he doesn't even have...

when did i become incapable of running wires? why dont you read the post correctly, where i stated i had to study wire diagrams for 5 hours in a library. sorry if i just dont know true wire diagrams off of the top of my head for a 96 honda civic that originally ran an obdII ecu and switch it to obdI. did you also not read how i said the person who owned the car before me, who actually did the engine swap/harness work, screwed it all up by crossing color codes for the wires?

still stuck on this overlap thing, arent you? check this, if you run too much overlap youll wash the cylinder losing all of your boost, right? so controlling your boost can be achieved by running cams with different overlap, right? right. its not all about a spring in a blow-off valve.
its funny though how simplyfast praises overlap...on a turbo motor, thats probally how hes running 40 psi of boost w/o it blowing up, but still making as much power as if it had 6psi.

doesnt an engine need a valve train to run? i simply said ti valves. since ti valves weigh less than aftermarket or oem ss valves, you dont need stiffer springs to help reduce valve float at high rpms. its about mass being pushed/pulled, and when you have less mass to push/pull, you can run a milder spring rate.

a standalone that i dont have? i forgot, you inventoried everything i have just the other day...

see, youre gettin all worked up over nothing, really.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 10:58 PM
still stuck on this overlap thing, arent you? check this, if you run too much overlap youll wash the cylinder losing all of your boost, right? so controlling your boost can be achieved by running cams with different overlap, right? right.

wrong

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 20 2003, 03:48 PM
keven, you all say it cant be done, i give a way it can be done. dont forget, im the guy who will run 8 psi on an engine runnin 11:1 compression. ill just get me some fat injectors and an ecu i can tune.

si, i can build a b20 runnin 40 lbs for the rest of my life...boost is relevant to the cams your running.

8psi on 11:1; believable, for its has been done, plenty of times
40psi on b20; ..........

you want to keep boost in. boosted air moves quicker than air in n/a motors. yes boost is relevant to the cams. the cams have to be timed so that the boost stays in and there is adequate exhaust energy to get that turbine spinning.

yes boost is relevant to the cams. the cams have to be timed so that the boost stays in and there is adequate exhaust energy to get that turbine spinning.

and when i said that to pissedofsol he thought i was full of dookie...but when you say it, he gets on his knees. funny, really funny.

seems to be like he has a bone to pick cause i know more than him...he must feel inadequate, sounds like a personal problem tho.

i made an err when typing...i meant 10-12 lbs. definately 12lbs with 10.4:1 comp.

if you knew ANYTHING about boost- which you fucking don't... you'd realize that boost is measured at the map sensor- and its the amount of PRESSURE NOT GETTING INTO THE MOTOR.

BOOST NEVER SEES A CAM.

CFM, or VOLUME does.

bone to pick? no- i just hate fucking morons like yourself who think you know everything but haven't got a fucking clue.

Originally posted by simplyfast@Dec 22 2003, 07:41 AM
yes boost is relevant to the cams. the cams have to be timed so that the boost stays in and there is adequate exhaust energy to get that turbine spinning.

and when i said that to pissedofsol he thought i was full of dookie...but when you say it, he gets on his knees. funny, really funny.

you just said more overlap will help you run higher boost.

Back