Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hmm.. i have one less than 5 minutes away... i may just do that.. lol

I see a promo at best buy if you purchase MW3 you can also get 1 year gold subscription to xbox live
just a heads up
if they give you a card you can probably just hold onto it until you have to renew, or maybe just add more time to your current account?

just got off the phone with xbox told them i wanted to cancel my automatic renewal that i was just gonna buy a card at gamestop or walmart, then they said dont do that i will give you the year for 35 bucks. so give them a call lol

thats what i did.. went to turn off the auto renewal and got a year for $35 .. didnt charge me then either.. gave me that price for when my renewal went into effect months later

i might do the midnight release.. anyone know if its for pre-order only, or can i go in and buy one??

Usually pre order only, unless you go to walmart... You know what Id do.

hmm.. i have one less than 5 minutes away... i may just do that.. lol

You'd probably be fine at Walmart. I did pre-order MW3, but for Blops I just walked into Walmart and bought one at midnight. There was a line of about 40 people, but everybody got a copy...

i did the midnight release for Blops.. but at Best Buy w/ a preorder..

Going to see if I can track down a copy of this today after class, anyone playing it? how is it so far?

I just picked up my copy. It was kind of funny. Me and two other guys were there getting a copy. We all checked out at the same time. We all left at the same time, and we all went outside and hopped in our modified civics.

*group hug*?

hardened is still listed as sold out online, thought it might be available again after the release date arrived

Picking it up after work today. If i would have gotten it at midnight i wouldnt have slept at all. No spoilers for single player either ladies.

Going to see if I can track down a copy of this today after class, anyone playing it? how is it so far?

lens18237691_1311936679me-gusta-meme.jpg

No, seriously though, I like it a lot. I feel like they delivered on what they promised (the game feels like a middle ground between CoD4 and MW2).

A few observations:

-The point streak system is pretty cool; it's weird to be dying and still working towards your streaks, but I feel like it really does help with balance.

-The weapons seem pretty cool so far; good variety and good balance.

-It's definitely got the "Infinity Ward" CoD feel to it, but at the same time they did take some cues from Black Ops in terms of providing lots of cool camos and ways to customize your gun (there's a bunch of different red dot sights to pick from), which I really like.

-The perks are interesting; I like that there doesn't seem to be one killer combo that everyone's using (like Marathon, LW, Command in MW2 for example); like I said, they did a nice job with balance.

-The maps are awesome! Most of them are a LOT bigger than any previous CoD maps.

-The graphics still aren't that great for a modern video game, but they are improved over MW2 and Black Ops. Walking around in malls and shops you can clearly see photos and magazine covers that look better than any previous CoD title. Water looks great too, and the game runs very smoothly at 60 fps. There's some nice detail on the guns too (like paint chipping off of the M4 for example).

-Lots and lots of challenges to complete (every weapon attachment has challenges now instead of just completing certain attachment challenges to earn other attachments). The weapon leveling system is cool too. Attachment unlocks seem to come faster now.

-The prestige tokens are cool; if you've prestiged in any previous CoD you can start out with Double XP for 2 hours and some other cool options.

-They also have daily and weekly XP challenges now too (once again, took some cues from Black Ops), so that helps to keep things fresh.

-Leveling seems to be pretty quick if you're a decent player (I went from 1 to 20 in a couple of hours last night).

-Sniping feels pretty good. You can definitely quick-scope with the "Quick Draw" perk, but there's also another perk (can't remember the name at the moment) that helps with more traditional sniping. The bolt action gun (L18 I believe?) is sweet! Kind of like the L96 from Black Ops.

Overall, I think they did a pretty good job with it. Haven't tried campaign or Spec Ops yet. I read that the campaign was kind of anti-climactic, but I guess we will see...

Last edited:
Never ended picking up black ops, might give this one a try, Ill have to test it for myself first though, Im sure one my nerd friends has it.

i was gonna get it at midnight from Walmart after pool league, but the other team was a no-show so we got the forfeit win and left early.. sacked out by 10.. went and bought it at 6 this morning.. lol.. havent played online yet.. finished a few missions on campaign

Someone give a report about knifing. Can you still get knifed from 20 feet away while shooting them in the face with a machine gun?

How do you use the codes from the mountain dew caps? I can't seem to find anywhere to enter them.

You don't enter them in the game. You go to www.dewxp.com and enter them there, and then click the "apply to your gamer profile" button...

Back