Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

How long is the new campaign vs black ops? I know everyone said blops was short but I never played another cod to compare it to.

I still have yet to get past the campaign on Veteran in Blops. :( I can't get past SOG in the trenches.

double0Si said:
How long is the new campaign vs black ops? I know everyone said blops was short but I never played another cod to compare it to.

I need to double check my time played for MW3 but off the top of my head i beat it in 5hrs 40min on regular. I think black ops was around that time as well. I look at single player for the Call of Duty games as a long movie. I expect my RPGs and such to be 40 to 50+ hrs but not my FPS's. So im happy with the length of play time for all the CoD games. Plus veteran will double or tripple my time to beat it.

I don't know what it is, but I am extremely terrible at online play. I just can't get into a groove on this game.

neither can i.. i think its the unfamiliar maps... as you learn the maps you'll get better.. at least i've noticed i have.. went from 2-15 to 11-8 approx

I played a game last night where I went 8 and 47 in hq. The other team was wiping the floor with us.

haha Been there, done that. Alot. I don't care about my K/D or W/L ratio, I just like to play to finish challenges for camo, attachments, challenges, etc. But games like that are still frustrating as hell.

fyi, surviving wave 15 achievement only counts if you do it by yourself.. no co-op

So I bought it Saturday. Beat it on Regular Saturday night. Beat it on Veteran last night. It wasn't really that bad, at least no where near as bad as world at war and Blops.

Just heard on the morning show that MW3 did 400 million in sales in 24 hours, beat out BF3 by a long shot.

2000Si said:
So I bought it Saturday. Beat it on Regular Saturday night. Beat it on Veteran last night. It wasn't really that bad, at least no where near as bad as world at war and Blops.

Well thats good news. I dont think ill ever beat WaW on veteran.

hmm.. might actually give veteran a shot then.. i was just gonna say fuck it.. lol.. special ops on veteran is pretty tough

So, about the campaign...was anybody else disappointed with it?

I dunno, to me it just didn't quite feel like it was up to par with the other ones. Don't get me wrong, there was plenty of good Michael Bay-esque action just like always, but I guess I just felt like the story was somewhat anti-climactic. It all felt really short too.

Specifically what I didn't like (high-light to read spoilers):

-How they handled Soap; 1.) You never even get to play as him, and 2.) That they killed him off. It just seemed kind of lame that they brought him back from the brink of death, but then you never even play as him and then he just gets injured again and dies. If anything, I thought maybe Price would die. And I'm guessing that they probably had you play as Yuri instead because they needed you to be playing as him for the reveal about his connection to Makarov, but then again it's not like that reveal really changed anything - it just gave them an opportunity for some exposition. And then they kill off Yuri at the end too, which brings me to my next point...
-I didn't like how pretty much everyone except for Price dies. I mean, I get that it's a war story and people die, but they kill off Soap (the guy you've been playing as for two games, Yuri (the guy you play as for most of this game), and the entire Delta force. It just makes everything you do seem a little anti-climactic when you fight through all of this stuff and then the character you've been playing gets killed.
-I thought the "shock value moment" was really lame. I mean, the "No Russian" mission had great shock value too, but at least with that it pertained to the story and you had a choice whether or not to participate in the massacre. The scene that they threw in with the family getting blown up though? It seems like just that, something they threw in. It doesn't pertain to the story in any way; it just seems like they felt the need to include something controversial to top the last one.

So yeah, that's what I think. I feel like the campaign is where it shows that all that shit was going down at Infinity Ward. The multi-player I feel is pretty solid, but the campaign just seemed a little lack-luster to me...

Thoughts?

Back