Modern Warfare 3 Discussion

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Someone give a report about knifing. Can you still get knifed from 20 feet away while shooting them in the face with a machine gun?

Knifing is probably about the same as it was in Black Ops, so yeah, I guess it can happen. There's no actual Commando perk like in MW2 though...

donloaded it earlier. started the campaign, so far i like :)

Knifing is probably about the same as it was in Black Ops, so yeah, I guess it can happen. There's no actual Commando perk like in MW2 though...

Yea, I talked to my brother, he bought it this afternoon, said they didn't fix anything, same gay lunging knife bullshit, he's already ready to sell it.

play hardcore, its a non-issue. the only people who complain about knifing are the people playing softcore.

Maybe its juts me but I feel like there are less things to climb on. In blops you could get on top of almost anything.

play hardcore, its a non-issue. the only people who complain about knifing are the people playing softcore.

Don't want to, and shouldn't have to, play a particular game mode to not have to deal with such a fundamental failure in programming.

Yea, I talked to my brother, he bought it this afternoon, said they didn't fix anything, same gay lunging knife bullshit, he's already ready to sell it.

Don't want to, and shouldn't have to, play a particular game mode to not have to deal with such a fundamental failure in programming.

It seems like lots and lots of people complain about the knifing, and honestly I've never understood why. Yes, it's annoying when you're putting bullets in to someone and they manage to knife you. And yes, playing hardcore will help to alleviate that problem. However, it's not like anyone has an advantage over anyone else with this. The Commando perk is gone now, so everyone's knife range is always the same and it's always a one hit kill if it connects. I don't play hardcore either, and I don't consider knifing a problem.

If you're within melee range and your opponent is aware of your presence, then just use the knife. Anything else and you're putting yourself at a disadvantage...

agreed.. though i play hardcore(well, not yet on this one, gotta reach level 19) and dont have that problem..

Werd. It's Core, meaning easier for EVERYONE, meaning dealing with kills that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Sounds like a flaw in logic/mindset, not the game. :shrug2:

Last edited:
Werd. It's Core, meaning easier for EVERYONE, meaning dealing with kills that wouldn't have happened otherwise. Sounds like a flaw in logic/mindset, not the game. :shrug2:

It's not that the knife is a one hit kill, which is fucking retarded on it's face, it's that it's a one hit kill that can be made while being shot in the face with a fucking machine gun, it's just fucking stupid. So far in BF3 I've had so many people try that dumb shit, and they end up as they should ...dead.

Last edited:
It's not that the knife is a one hit kill, which is fucking retarded on it's face, it's that it's a one hit kill that can be made while being shot in the face with a fucking machine gun, it's just fucking stupid. So far in BF3 I've had so many people try that dumb shit, and they end up as they should ...dead.

Why is it retarded that the knife is a one hit kill? It always has been in CoD. There's no point in comparing it to any other game. It is what it is. BF is a bit more realistic, and CoD is a bit more arcade-like. And it's not like the knife is over-powered. Yes, it's one hit kill, but it can only be used in extreme close quarters. It's fairly balanced.

And like I said, yes, it's very annoying when you're pumping bullets in to someone and you get knifed. Part of that can be attributed to lag (which is always going to exist in online gaming to varying degrees), but even so, if YOU are within knife range of someone, and that person is facing you and aware of your presence, then you should be trying to knife them. That's the only way it's going to be a fair fight at that point. You can try firing your gun, but unless it's a shotgun, a sniper rifle, or a powerful assault rifle (and you're shooting them in the head), it's going to take more than one bullet to put them down, and most likely they're going to knife (because it's a one button, one hit kill), and you're going to end up dead.

It's not that the game's broken, you're just not doing what you should do in that situation...

Last edited:
eg6sir said:
anyone finish campaign yet?? what'd you think of the ending?? i thought it was pretty tight

Im maybe halfway through. Ill probably finish it out on regular tonight. Play online a bit and start the bitch fit swear fest that is Vetran difficulty.

I don't think I've ever finished any of the campaigns on veteran. I just like to see how the story plays out, so I just put it on recruit or regular and play through it. If I'm going to put hours in to a CoD game I'd rather it be online ranking up as opposed to dying a million times in campaign mode, lol...

Im maybe halfway through. Ill probably finish it out on regular tonight. Play online a bit and start the bitch fit swear fest that is Vetran difficulty.

hhahaha.. yep.. though i remember veteran on mw2 wasnt all that hard.. on blops it was nearly impossible, lol.. i only did it on regular so far.. i'll do it on veteran and get the intel next time

then there is the special ops portion.. thats gonna be the hard part, it was in mw2

anyone finish campaign yet?? what'd you think of the ending?? i thought it was pretty tight

I only played through the first mission so far, but I thought the opening scene where they put Soap on to the helicopter and he was flashing back to MW2 was pretty tight. Also showed off the fact that they really did make some improvements to the graphics despite it being the same engine. The MW2 flashbacks looked noticeably dated compared to the new stuff...

Back