my EJ Build: Take 2

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

grip in the sides will work or some weights have a little hole in the tab that folds over the lip of the wheel that you can stick a screw driver in and pry it off.

Thanx. I got them off. I used a screw driver and a few easy taps with a hammer. They came right off.

I changed my mind about the color scheme. I am now polishing the falt areas and lip and I am going to paint the inserts black or gunmetal.

Thanx. I got them off. I used a screw driver and a few easy taps with a hammer. They came right off.

I changed my mind about the color scheme. I am now polishing the falt areas and lip and I am going to paint the inserts black or gunmetal.

Definately wanna see pics of the wheels w/the above scheme.

I am taking lots of pics. I am almost done polishing the first wheel. It is taking forever since I only get about an hour or two a day to work on them.

Well in spite of the fact that my car is down, do to a cracked crank pulley, I have almost finished my wheels. I have painted them and now all I need to do is clean up a few spots where the paint bled an then buff. I will probably have to replace the center caps. They are just too beat up and now that they are polished you can see every mark and dent.

2010-10-19_07-51-48_285.jpg

2010-10-19_07-51-29_930.jpg

Hopefully the only thing I messed up when I broke the pulley was the pulley. If so then it shouldn't take too long for me to get the car running and take it for a drive with the new wheels.

I will take better pics when they are finished.

Well its been a while, but I got everything fixed. I am having some idle issues but nothing to serious. I am going in for a tune next week now that it is bug free. I need to take a few pics of the wheels now that I am finished. Its raining hear so in the next day or so.

Side note last week it was really cold here and my door froze shut. The handle broke off when I tried to open it. There is always something.

I put a new cat on the car this weekend. Magnaflow cat for an integra. This got rid of a terrible noise that was bothering me from the original cat being too short and causing the exhaust to vibrate against the body. Also I have noticed that my idle has changed since putting on the new cat. I have been battling with poor idle for a few weeks and had finally got it close to normal. Now with the new cat it is hunting again. I didnt realize that a bad cat could affect the idle. We will see if I can get it right now.

So I am still battling with my idle. I have tried everything to get it right and I am having no luck. I did not have the problem when I was using an ecu from phearable. I am now running an ecu from hamotorsports. I pulled the chip out of the old ecu and switched it to see if that could be the problem. I will drive around in a bit to see. Does anyone know if this could be the problem?

it very well could have something to do with the map. whyd you switch from the phearable ecu in the first place?

The ecu was one that I sent in to have chipped. It worked for about two months then went bad. Something on the circuit board crapped out, but I was never able to figure out what. So I ordered a refurbished ecu with new chip from hamotors for $150 vs $200 plus from anyone else. The ecu that I got from them was pristine, they even powder coated the covers, but I have had idle issues since. It is possible that it could be corrected with a tune, but I dont want to spend money to tune before I know for sure what the problem is.

i have a feeling that switching the chips will fix your problem.. let us know what happens

r you looking to sell that red sparco steering wheel on the parts car? it would go great with my car (same as yours but red and black interior)

K so I drove the car home and it still idled funny. I thought "well maybe I have to adjust idle screw and timing". On the other chip I was never able to get the idle down to 450 when setting, 600 at the lowest. Now with the new chip in I can get it down to 500 or so which is better. I screwed the screw all the way in at one point and after connecting the iacv and resetting the ecu it would idle at 800, which is ok. However after driving it around for a few minutes, after the idle re-learn process, it starts to hunt again around 1000-1500. I dont know whats going on with this car. I have tried everything to find the problem. All the symptoms point to a vac leak, but I cant find it.

Yeah sounds like a vacuum leak.. Use brake cleaner when the motor is cold while running and spray around TB and where the intake meets the head, and other places that could leak..

Yeah sounds like a vacuum leak.. Use brake cleaner when the motor is cold while running and spray around TB and where the intake meets the head, and other places that could leak..

I have already done that multiple times. I have used propane also and got nothing. When I cover the port in the throttle body it dies. I am pretty sure that after all those tests I can rule out a vacuum leak. I have checked, re-checked, and even replaced the iacv. I have done every check that I can come up with and I can't find the problem. I am going to go through it all again this weekend and if I come up with no answer then I am just going to take it to a shop. Maybe someone else would be able to find what I am missing.:mad:

Has the TB been changed.. Have you checked the FITV... Just a few things I had go wrong when i tried putting a B18 tb on a Y8 intake.. It had a plate to cover the FITV which was removed and I couldn't get the plate to seal..

There is no fitv. I am pretty sure that it is oem so there should not be any problems with a block off plate leaking, but I will check that to be sure.

Back