My newest build for SCCA STL/HPDE's

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Thanks for answering my questions.
Alternate OEM brakes rotors orcalipers from the same manufacturer will be considered.

Maybe you can request to use your type-r brakes? Says they will be "considered" so maybe you can get lucky there.

Im not going to mention type r until they get it figured out.

Anything Hype R or s2000 they just freak about.

The following vehicles in their entirety are ineligible for STL:
Honda S2000, Acura Type R, Lotus Elise/Exige
The engines from the following cars are ineligible for STL:

Honda S2000, Acura Type R

Last edited:
I want!

Will they fit under 15x7 k1s though?

I would sell my fastbrakes setup in a hurry for those. I guess I could call Brian at fastbrakes since he sells the kit.

Back to my build, Im debating ordering a new clutch but I really dont want to because I could have the motor done and in soon so I can get the cage installed etc and be back on the track. The clutch wear isnt terrible and I guess if it lets go with the whole 130-150 whp Im going to make it might take a bit. I dont bang out gears so most of the wear is from my shitty downshifting and rev matching.

I was motivated today for some reason even though it was like 1000 degrees outside.

dsc0001ylx.jpg

dsc0004dz.jpg

dsc0005rk.jpg

dsc0007tj.jpg

dsc0058fl.jpg

dsc0054u.jpg

dsc0052zp.jpg

dsc0051wp.jpg

dsc0038bt.jpg

dsc0033wk.jpg

dsc0012hy.jpg

I never posted my daily and my wifes car.

04 s2000 and an 09 4dr si both are stock and I plann to keep them that way.

dsc0009et.jpg

I cant wait to be back in this pit box and back in this shape! Getting closer, I hope to make the June NASA event at Sebring.
dsc0131h.jpg

Last edited:
^^I know how you feel...we all have a track car inside our little Hondas. <3

I dont think I will make Roebling :( until the Novemeber event.

The RL calipers would be awesome but I dont want to run wheels bigger than 15s. I might shoot Brian an email about it since he was helpful last time when I got my ITR setup. If they change the rules I could always get the Wilwood setup that fits 15s.

Guys if you want track cars make it happen! I wanted to go to Sebring when I was building Hondas in High School gulp in the mid 90s. It took me 12 years before I accomplished that because of school, finances, etc. I never gave up on it and made it happen.

Happy Easter!

i plan on doing some scca events just to try them out this year... my car isnt quite friendly to those though... bad suspension and too much power... if i had the right suspension/ tire setup i think i could manage though

i plan on doing some scca events just to try them out this year... my car isnt quite friendly to those though... bad suspension and too much power... if i had the right suspension/ tire setup i think i could manage though
It is best to learn in a 100% stock car. Just go out and have fun in what you have. Our SCCA doesn't have DE events; NASA does though.

i dont have a stock car is the problem haha, i may have soon though... '88 civic hatch, stock d15b2 :shades: ohhhhh yeeeaaaahhhh haha its even the ugly tan/ brown color

Updates as promised.

Yellow thread seal tape (gas and oil)..this stuff is thick!

29917036.jpg

I used it on the fiittings for my chinese oil cooler kit.

oilbu.jpg

New thermostat

ts1mz.jpg

I bead blasted the coolant neck

71633995.jpg

I always use copper spray gasket for all of my builds.

orhead.jpg

Head dropped on

head2c.jpg

Bolted down using arp studs in this sequence per Honda.

gsrheadtorquesequenceco.jpg

headqv.jpg

I just picked these up to go with my AEM wideband. My wife took these with her nice camera for me instead of uing my iphone.

dsc0124hn.jpg

dsc0127kv.jpg

Nice fittings from AEM for the oil psi and oil temp gauges mounted in my remote oil filter thingy.

dsc0125x.jpg

I hope to have more done tomorrow if I can get someone to help me get this thing off the stand!

Last edited:
Some other parts came in.

Battery cutoff, mirror with cagemounts, scca club racing stickers, scca patch with nomex thread, and a fuse block for my gauges wiring.

34435618.jpg

I also finished the head so now I just need to put the timing belt on.

Brian Crower stage 2 na cams
camsj.jpg

Permatex pre lube before putting in the rockers
78675003.jpg

Rocker arms in...the b18b is new to me so these are interesting in comparison to the vtec system.
54079162.jpg

88225234.jpg

Cams in
gears.jpg

Cam cap bolts...tricky lol shortys go on the outter most sides while deeper are in the center.
camcp.jpg

Cam caps installed and honda bond around cam areas
58893756.jpg

Last edited:
Let me know how you decide to wire up your cutoff. I've been avoiding mine.

Back