My own Breakfast

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

:hmm: you might have something, there. has the ring of wisdom to it, anyway.

I had a thought today that I wanted to contribute...just something small for you to chew on. I have a friend who openly professes to have a "superman" complex, in which he is drawn to girls with problems because he thinks he can fix them and make it all better. I just realized what this really means, and, the whole thing about the girl with the kid and whatnot, your most recent conquest, got me thinking. Perhaps guys don't go after girls with problems because they want to fix them but rather, it is often the path of least resistance. Girls with problems are much less apt to call you out on your own flaws, idiosyncrasies, and whatever assorted problems YOU may bring to the table. A nice girl with a brain, a future, and a strong sense of self worth is much more likely to be critical of their mate. I'm not necessarily saying that this applies to you Cel, just throwing it out there.
fuckin' A brother. rep for you.

my girl is right up this alley. and she does this to a "T". but then again, i have the same amount to offer, so i'm just as critical. i could get a hood rat and not have to worry about it. or i could have prime cut beef and pay a little bit more for it. she's critical, i'm critical, but it works.

Well here are some updates: This italian girl isn't dumping her boyfriend, so I caste her aside.

The Goth chick, however, is excited about our DATE this upcoming friday. I scored with this one. Other than that, I've been on the saddle this weekend (about 700 miles in one week) and getting all sorts of attention from the femmes. It's been nice.

my girl is right up this alley. and she does this to a "T". but then again, i have the same amount to offer, so i'm just as critical. i could get a hood rat and not have to worry about it. or i could have prime cut beef and pay a little bit more for it. she's critical, i'm critical, but it works.

Exactly. Chasing problem girls (guys) is a defense mechanism of the overly self-conscious/self-loathing. The person you choose to be with is a reflection of how you feel about yourself. Don't believe it? Watch what happens to a moderately overweight person that starts dating a heavier person. Do they both get healthy together? Not usually. Does the fatter person lose weight to be more like their smaller counterpart? No. They both sink further into fatness. The same goes for drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. People tend towards the lowest common denominator, which is why it is so important to fix your own damn self before you go out hunting for someone to ruin.

I had a friend once that was dating a very nice girl. She was smart, pretty, and would have given the world for him. He was well kept, and equally smart, funny, and ambitious. He used to build nice clean shaveed aired VWs. He threw it all away for this disgusting white-trash sack of shit with a fat, retarded (not really) kid. He has become her. He is missing half his teeth, is always dirty, builds ratty thrown together off road trucks, and has no aspirations. Be careful. This could easily become any one of us.

Exactly. Chasing problem girls (guys) is a defense mechanism of the overly self-conscious/self-loathing. The person you choose to be with is a reflection of how you feel about yourself. Don't believe it? Watch what happens to a moderately overweight person that starts dating a heavier person. Do they both get healthy together? Not usually. Does the fatter person lose weight to be more like their smaller counterpart? No. They both sink further into fatness. The same goes for drug abuse, alcohol abuse, etc. People tend towards the lowest common denominator, which is why it is so important to fix your own damn self before you go out hunting for someone to ruin.

I had a friend once that was dating a very nice girl. She was smart, pretty, and would have given the world for him. He was well kept, and equally smart, funny, and ambitious. He used to build nice clean shaveed aired VWs. He threw it all away for this disgusting white-trash sack of shit with a fat, retarded (not really) kid. He has become her. He is missing half his teeth, is always dirty, builds ratty thrown together off road trucks, and has no aspirations. Be careful. This could easily become any one of us.

What you're describing here is Entropy. As said earlier, place two people in a room: A happy person and a miserable person. Two miserable people will emerge. Life is like that: If you leave something alone it NEVER gets better, it gets worse. This is Entropy. Everything in existence is subject to entropy. When an idea is formed, it is continually used and dulled. Knives don't become sharper, and we all know what happens when you make a clone of a clone.

What you're describing here is Entropy. As said earlier, place two people in a room: A happy person and a miserable person. Two miserable people will emerge. Life is like that: If you leave something alone it NEVER gets better, it gets worse. This is Entropy. Everything in existence is subject to entropy. When an idea is formed, it is continually used and dulled. Knives don't become sharper, and we all know what happens when you make a clone of a clone.

Right. Entropy is the natural deterioration of everything. I understand that. But in these circumstances it takes on a more human meaning and becomes less of a scientific term...

But you can see the parallels, yes ?

The natural order of things is to fly apart, fall apart and deteriorate. Architects have described that the moment they construct a building, the earth immediately starts to suck it back into the ground.

Look at the concept of Marriage: If things are going so well that you decide to Marry a woman, Then that's great. But here is a bit of inevitability that gets ya everytime: Upon getting married, if you're lucky things stay the same. Marriage mostly ends up in things getting worse. Because the point of Marriage occurs at the pinnacle of a relationship (Unless a quick Vegas-style wedding is followed up by a lifetime of pleasant surprises... but we don't have to split hairs over this miniscule occurance)

Marriage usually marks off the "beginning of the end" . From the day you're born, you die alittle more everyday. I can go on with this for hours.

I digress: There is no "perfect" relationship, there are only interactions with people where reward or suffering is found. And in the monogamous first-world cultures, you'll have to shoot for a pleasant mixture of both, accept a 50/50 split of both, and leave the miserable ratios behind.

Look at the concept of Marriage: If things are going so well that you decide to Marry a woman, Then that's great. But here is a bit of inevitability that gets ya everytime: Upon getting married, if you're lucky things stay the same. Marriage mostly ends up in things getting worse. Because the point of Marriage occurs at the pinnacle of a relationship (Unless a quick Vegas-style wedding is followed up by a lifetime of pleasant surprises... but we don't have to split hairs over this miniscule occurance)

Marriage usually marks off the "beginning of the end" . From the day you're born, you die a little more everyday. I can go on with this for hours.

I do see the parallels, yes, but this is where you are wrong. Your view of marriage is cynical at best. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like your parents are either divorced, or do not get along so well. Marriage does not necessarily mark the beginning of the end, but rather, the beginning. In a good marriage, two people grow together and learn to appreciate each other more every day. The difficulties that many would cite as breaking two people apart, should serve to bring you closer. Your wife should be your best friend, not someone you fuck and live with. You say marriage is the beginning of the end. I say if that is the case then the end really began long before the marriage ever did.

Ok, I've seen it all. B had a girlfriend for a while, Mike had a baby, Celerity is a chick magnet, and Cam is married. This is an alternate dimension.

I see where this one was going, and I have to say, it's not just being critical, but also being appreciative, pointing out something you may have missed, or simply... recognizing greatness when it's there and mentioning it. I notice that people with no direction... give in and just accept whatever since they think they can't do any better. People with goals and direction want someone with like mind, so they don't get dragged down or behind and they feel productive, not hindered.

I see where this one was going, and I have to say, it's not just being critical, but also being appreciative, pointing out something you may have missed, or simply... recognizing greatness when it's there and mentioning it. I notice that people with no direction... give in and just accept whatever since they think they can't do any better. People with goals and direction want someone with like mind, so they don't get dragged down or behind and they feel productive, not hindered.
very, VERY true. when you have someone with standards and expectations, they know what they want and what they are able to have. so when they get something that meets their needs and something improves or changes for the better, they are very appreciative of it. it's the "icing on the cake" so to speak.

I do see the parallels, yes, but this is where you are wrong. Your view of marriage is cynical at best. I could be wrong but it sounds to me like your parents are either divorced, or do not get along so well. Marriage does not necessarily mark the beginning of the end, but rather, the beginning. In a good marriage, two people grow together and learn to appreciate each other more every day. The difficulties that many would cite as breaking two people apart, should serve to bring you closer. Your wife should be your best friend, not someone you fuck and live with. You say marriage is the beginning of the end. I say if that is the case then the end really began long before the marriage ever did.

It's all in the perspective. I also used the metaphor of Birth as the beginning of the end. From birth comes growth and development - So it's not a line downward on a graph. The end of Puberty is when DNA starts to unravel and REAL entropy kicks in. It's all in the perspective.

The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those who have not got it.

Did you just own yourself ?

Also, countdown to date : t minus 10 hours. I have no clue what I'm going to do on this date yet.

I do know that bike ride is out of the question: It's an intimate contact, and prolly an unwelcome on her behalf (After meeting someone you hate, should to latch onto their backs for the ride home ? ) and makes me too nervous to pilot a 150+ hp bike. So I will suggest that we meet up somewhere. She is from "The Valley" and I have plans to go out of town to the "hills". But she would have to cart her ass 18 miles away to get a decent cup of joe with me. That ride is nothing for me (being able to teleport and all) but again, think might be inappropriate for a first date.

The places around our town are just too seedy to make a good day of it.

ok, so I've been giving this thought: How would I carry wine glasses on a sport bike ?

Back