Need opinion about a girl (no drama yet)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

True, true, and true again.

Phyregod brings up a great point and this is something I have believed and preached for a while:

A relationship will only be as good as it's start. This doesn't mean that if you dislike someone after the first impression that they will not work for you, rather, if upon formally entering into the exchange of a relationship, there are already road blocks, snags, issues, etc, the likelihood of them being resolved and the exchange becoming healthy and beneficial to both parties is slim. In order to have a good relationship, you need to have a great start! The two people need to be irrepressibly enthusiastic about each other.
Yea, I guess one didn't work.

Bumping this just because I don't feel like starting a new thread and it's related.

So obviously this situation with this girl didn't work. At the moment I'm talking to 4 girls. Katie, Christine, Kristen, and Cheri.

Christine and Kristen are girls for when there is nothing on TV or I haven't gotten any in a bit. Nothing more, pretty much friends with benefits. Both are aware of the situation. I'm friends with them, they are friends with me, nothing more will happen, but hooking up with no strings attached is OK with them. They actually know about each other. And I do hang out with these girls without hooking up as well. Anyway....

Katie. My freshman crush at college. That didn't pan out, we became good friends, always talked and hung out literally as friends, but recently started hooking up(never did in college). Not really sure what the fuck is going on there.

Now, for why I bumped the thread. Cheri. Amazing girl. Hot, funny, all about me, etc. The problem- I have hooked up with her before but it only became consistent RIGHT after Meg(girl the thread is about). It is almost as if she was my consolation prize for not getting Meg. I didn't want it to be that way, she didn't want to be my rebound, but it didn't really matter because frankly, there is only something between us because the situation with Meg didn't work out.

Now when I say she is all about me, I mean it. She is exclusive with me without a title. She will call me to talk about nothing, I have gone to her house to eat dinner with the parents, etc. I have no problem with this but I really don't think I want it to get any more serious. Nothing against her at all. It's actually me. I'm not one to go from one serious thing to another. I need a decent amount of time in between. IDK why, I just do.

I realize I should probably just lay it out for her, but I guess I'm bitching out and just want to hear Hondaswap's opinion on it...

Last edited:
Bumping this just because I don't feel like starting a new thread and it's related.

So obviously this situation with this girl didn't work. At the moment I'm talking to 4 girls. Katie, Christine, Kristen, and Cheri.

Christine and Kristen are girls for when there is nothing on TV or I haven't gotten any in a bit. Nothing more, pretty much friends with benefits. Both are aware of the situation. I'm friends with them, they are friends with me, nothing more will happen, but hooking up with no strings attached is OK with them. They actually know about each other. Anyway....

Katie. My freshman crush at college. That didn't pan out, we became good friends, always talked and hung out literally as friends, but recently started hooking up(never did in college). Not really sure what the fuck is going on there.

Now, for why I bumped the thread. Cheri. Amazing girl. Hot, funny, all about me, etc. The problem- I have hooked up with her before but it only became consistent RIGHT after Meg(girl the thread is about). It is almost as if she was my consolation prize for not getting Meg. I didn't want it to be that way, she didn't want to be my rebound, but it didn't really matter because frankly, there is only something between us because the situation with Meg didn't work out.

Now when I say she is all about me, I mean it. She is exclusive with me without a title. She will call me to talk about nothing, I have gone to her house to eat dinner with the parents, etc. I have no problem with this but I really don't think I want it to get any more serious. Nothing against her at all. It's actually me. I'm not one to go from one serious thing to another. I need a decent amount of time in between. IDK why, I just do.

I realize I should probably just lay it out for her, but I guess I'm bitching out and just want to hear Hondaswap's opinion on it...

just never make any move ... you dont have to tell her ... let her figure it out lol.

That's what I'm doing now....

Well if its working let it be ... but if she starts trying to make it more serious, you will have to break it to her. You might lose her if that happens, you might not. But you have 2 other girls so its not that big of a deal is it? You said you don't want anything serious right now, so don't make things so complicated.

You said you don't want anything serious right now, so don't make things so complicated.
Amen.
Alright bro, I don't really know you and wasn't here from the beginning, but I read through the thread now that you bumped it, and you seem to be making this complicated for yourself.
Really it's decently simply in my opinion. You have 2 steady fuck buddies, one occasional, and one girl that's possibly more. Sit down and think about it for like a day, if you really don't want a relationship right now, than tell female #4 you don't want a relationship right now. You still have 3 other girls and, overal, girls despise being led on. If you think about it and you decide you do actually want a relationship cause the girl is that great or whatever, than go for it, but you might get hurt. The important thing to remember is girls are bitches, guys are assholes and shit happens.

just tell her yo dont want anything serious right now,
she can take it either way,and either way you will win.

It's not like I'm leading 4 girls on... If anything I'm only leading one on. And personally, I don't like that, hence the thread.

it's one thing to sleep around.

it's an entire different story when you keep circling around between the 4 of them....

it's an entire different story when you keep circling around between the 4 of them....

Ya, that could get expensive. :eek:

It's not like I'm leading 4 girls on... If anything I'm only leading one on. And personally, I don't like that, hence the thread.
I agree, you're only really leading on the one girl. Thats why I think it'd be better to just tell her and let whatever happens happen.

Shit, if they know about each other, or even if they don't but know they're only fuck buddies and nothing more, who cares? That's what a fuck buddy is.

it sounds like you could be jumping to conclusions about Cheri. But the best way to get everything out in the open is to talk about it. Neither of you are mind readers, but if you ask me I'd rather have one exclusive "with no title" gal than two chicks that are fuck buddies with me and god knows who else..just remember that there are a couple STD's that condoms don't prevent... otherwise be safe and have fun i guess :)

it sounds like you could be jumping to conclusions about Cheri. But the best way to get everything out in the open is to talk about it. Neither of you are mind readers, but if you ask me I'd rather have one exclusive "with no title" gal than two chicks that are fuck buddies with me and god knows who else..just remember that there are a couple STD's that condoms don't prevent... otherwise be safe and have fun i guess :)
Very true. But I believe keeping the casual sex to the same people lowers those risks. Not to mention I bag it every time.

I would have been exclusive with Meg and been completely OK with it. But this one still feels like a "rebound" relationship. IDK.

Well bumping this because I'm a little too "not sober" to start something new. Not to mention it affects the same people.

I would first like to say that these issues are months old. I am only making this thread because they are not resolving themselves and I seem to not be able to resolve them with my own brain power.

Well about 2 weeks ago I stopped talking to Cheri. A couple different reasons but mostly, I wasn't seeing where it was going and work was getting too hectic. 6 days a week on overnights blow but it did help me realize that when I'm not with Cheri on a regular basis, I don't really think about her. I'm of the mind, if you can life without it, then you don't need it(at least with women). Love her family, feel extremely comfortable, but I feel it's missing something.

But, the real reason I'm bumping this up is because of Homecoming weekend. I saw both the ex (Ashley) and the one that jaded the fuck out of me (Meg).

It would be different if I had the same feelings all the time, about them all, but I seem to have different feelings, about them all, at any given time. I find my emotions moving from happiness to sadness to extreme rage or any of the in between in matters of seconds. I can honestly, rationally say I'm unstable at best. Very angry at the drop of a hat or just in a bad mood in 2 seconds flat.

I feel as though I would never be able to commit myself to a new girl[I have tried(see Cheri)] until I resolve these issues.

Really looking for ideas, criticism, opinions, and what not.

Lastly, this is not my life sucks, blah blah blah. 90% is cool. The last 10% of my life is bugging the shit out of me.

Multiple women, never a "needing" feeling, of all types and varieties, yet I'm not satisfied. I think I do truly like just one woman making me happy.

Multiple women will give you feelings of discontent long after you stop seeing any of them. I'm amazed people still do this. It's like this terrible nagging in the back of your mind for so long. Maybe I have more of a conscience thatn some people.

It's not as though I'm secretive about it. I'm completely honest with all of them.

Yea IDK. Had a fucking dream about Meg last night, FUCK. I never remember my dreams, but lately I have remembered a lot. All about her or my ex.

Back