New flash game, i have been addicted to for about 3 hours... lol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The new game lacks the fun factor of the first one, for me anyway. The first one would have made an absolutely awesome stand-up arcade game in the mid to late 80's. People would have spent hours and hours on it. :D

Did you guys see this game made it to to front page of Digg

well, you need one before the first air level, by the time the second air level comes around you should have something stronger

my best score so far is 3506 but only got to the 3rd bonus level
i got to the 4th bonus level before but with a lower score

i did 2 maxed out cannons, researched the fire tower, then maxed that and got some interest

edit: 4130

Last edited:
2020 on the second game.. But I got to the 4th bonus lvl.. so what gives? where are all the extra points coming from??

2020 on the second game.. But I got to the 4th bonus lvl.. so what gives? where are all the extra points coming from??

yea, if you got to the 4th bonus level you prob used all your wood to research all the elements/weapons
if you just research the fire you can make it to the 3rd bonus level and then use the rest of your wood to buy a higher interest rate
you don't get to as high of a level but the score is tallied by the amount of gold you have + the amount you've spent
less spending = more interest = higher score

So far my most consistant high level is 76, I've used a similar technique as darkhand

I charted out the efficiency levels as well (So sloooow at work this week).

The water tower is in fact the most efficient while leveling up, by quite a bit. However, the final level of water tower is the only level in the game where efficiency actually drops when you go up. The scribbly lines over the tower indicate to me that the designer meant to remove the tower but never did, as it's not balanced at all. Because of this I don't even count that last level of water tower.

The leaf tower, while not nearly as efficient while it's leveling up, is the most efficient tower by far once you max it out. It underperforms the water tower at every level but the max, where it then beats out even the 'proper' max water level by a huge margin.

The only problem is that leaf towers are so inefficient at lower levels that they can't keep up with the pace of the attacking army; you can't get them leveled fast enough. So what I do is build a single efficient-during-leveling water tower to hold off the army to provide time for my leaf towers to level up. One water tower in the middle of the map leveled up to the 'large whisker' level can provide enough time to max out a few leaf towers. Then I continue maxing out leaf towers from there, one at a time. No sense in leveling multiple leaf towers at once due to their low efficiency at all levels but the max.

At the very end when things are getting tight, I drop down a few mid-level water towers, which are as efficient as I can manage at the time. That provides an extra wave or two of survival. I'm sure this stage of the fight can be tweaked alot for more survival.

I managed to break my record with this and hit 77 waves. :D

EDIT: Fire towers, while slightly more efficient than water, don't work well due to their very short range; you end up needing more of them to do the same job that one water or leaf can do because of it. And forget the big towers, their efficiency is abysmal, and also goes down when you upgrade them.

I've got 72 like 4 times in a row. Another but that I notice is the 2nd to last upgrade for the plant says 3xxx something but if you click over one thats already been upgrade to that, its only 14xx.

What I have been trying to do is space them apart so that at on time, there is always 4 towers shoting. One thing that would be helpful is to find out the exact distance that each tower could hit. Then you could do a better job at gridding them

fucking engineers

lol

fetd4ng4.jpg

:ph34r:

that strategy page allowed me to beat the game... only scored 24k ish though

Well, I've beat the game several times, working on refining strategy for higher points.. Usually end up between 11-18k..

**edit**

New personal best: 48,484. Good for 379th place. :p

Last edited:
Back