1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New to game

Discussion in 'Engine Building' started by 98HB, Nov 10, 2002.

1. 98HB

98HB Junior Member

I have a 98 HB DX and I want to find out what should be the next step in changing some parts on my engine. I have added headers,air intake,chip,MSD wires,coil,and distributor cap, high flow exhaust, fuel rail and larger injectors. I want to get more power but I don't want Turbo or a supercharger (can't afford) so if anyone can help with ideas that have worked for you it would be great help!

98HB :huh:

2. phunky.buddha

phunky.buddha Admin with a big stick Admin VIP

With no supercharger and turbocharger... I assume you don't want to swap the engine either if you can't afford the turbo/SC- your options are really only to bolt on a VTEC head, get higher compression pistons, upgrade your valvetrain and drop in a more aggressive camshaft like the ZEX model, then do some port & polish work. Maybe nitrous?

3. chet

chet Senior Member

nitrous is your only other option, unfortunately a header and air intake along with msd wires aren't going to give you much power.

unless you increase displacement or find a vtec head and intake manifold to bolt on your bottom end you'll be forced to remain slow.

4. 98HB

98HB Junior Member

What type of v-tech swap should I do!. Is there a certain year or engine that I should go after. Thanks for the reply's- Hey also how hard is it to do and what kind of money am I looking at.

5. E_SolSi

E_SolSi Member of the 20 nut club Moderator VIP

[​IMG]

anyway....it would be easiest for you to use the D16Y8 head it will match your OBD2 setup

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

a swap is going to cost you as much as a super or turbo would-- if not more.
    and you said you didin't have the money for it.....

7. ALLJDM

ALLJDM Senior Member

CLICK HERE

I would suggest Chets idea. very inexpensive, easy mod.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted