New Toy Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

RS5 would be sick.

Tesla P85? Classy as fuck and fast.

E63 AMG?

Bentley Continental?

DB9?
RS5 would be great if it wasn't built by Audi.
P85, get the D. Chicks love getting the D. Get insanity mode so you can do 0-60 in 3.2 seconds.
Skip an E63 and get a C63 AMG. Get a post 2011 for minor tech updates and the updated head studs.

Looks like you all are coming to the same conclusion I came to.

Additionally, I didn't say a vette couldn't corner, I said the lingenfelter had more power than sense. The current gen vette seems like a good choice mainly because I like the styling of the new one, and it has enough power to not be insane. The Z06 is an interesting choice for used, but it comes in over budget for a used car, and from reading the suspension is not as forgiving as a normal vette.

Sadly, a purchase I thought I'd make in the next few weeks is going to be put off due to a death in the family (very close family member). I got the call about an hour after posting this thread.

+1 For a Tesla.

Vettes are kick ass, but I always drive past them through town because the average driver is 67 years old and drives under the posted limit.

Remember when young rich guys were driving a Prius? That passed, but the Tesla is refined, smart, and gets attention for those under 40.

Cars don't drop panties, you do.....<endgaystayement>

is this not a honda forum?

8091127877_4b00dd3e96_z.jpg

http://seattle.craigslist.org/tac/cto/4856401438.html

The 4c came up a few times when I posed this question to some of my coworkers. They're not all super car guys, but the 4c is pretty...I just think italian cars are not a buy word for quality. The old NSX came up a few times in my mind, but I feel it's one of those cars that if I owned it, I'd leave it stock and I wouldn't get that feeling of 'power' I was looking for.

I would just be careful about buying super fancy cars. You need to think down the road about maintenance and shit. Whose' going to service the car? There are 1000's of Chevy dealerships who can service a Corvette, how many can service a Alfa Romeo 4C that you would trust, how much is it to do brakes oil changes on a used 911 Turbo? What about insurance?

Than again, if you can afford to spend 80k on a car then i guess you are probably not worried about those things lol

Back