Nick's house build thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I know the house is only two years old, but make sure you clean out and inspect your gutters. Mine kept overflowing in heavy rain but looked clean, then I realized the downspouts were both clogged with everything imaginable.

Good tip. Lucky for me the house inspector checked them prior to purchase. :D

Mine were checked in June of last year. I cleaned them in June of this year because they were full of crap and not draining properly.

Lucky for me I have a giant oak tree right over my house. Clean gutters are not an option. I would have to climb and clean 2 or 3 times per week. Fucking squirrels.

ugh. i'm really bad at spending time on the internet right now.

My Rec Tec Smoker/Grill:
IMG_7317.JPG

Before:
IMG_7192.JPG
IMG_7193.JPG

After:
IMG_7365.JPG

Buy a house in the city they said. There won't be much yard work they said. lol
IMG_7353.JPG

Guest room in case any of the HS OGs come to the west coast
IMG_7267.JPG

IMG_7674.JPG

My neighbor said, "yeah, they photoshopped the shit out of your yard for the sales ad. They even photoshopped mine too. looked great. lol"

Ad:
genMid.905929_2_0.jpg

Reality: (can someone shrink this down for me?)
IMG_7193.JPG

that's really odd. lol i mean, the bushes aren't even close. it's not just green grass

haha
It's early April vs. June 1st. Shit grows fast here. And...well...99.99% of the houses we looked at had immaculate grass online. Apparently yard bait and switch is a thing now. But hey, at least the tree looks like it's still alive now.

That makes me want to go back and look at the listings for my house.

On a phone guy note... I'm digging the phone pedastal in your neighbors yard. I'd be in that thing constantly. Sorry not sorry if you have dsl.

guest room eh? sounds like an open invitation to me. when can i move in... i mean crash for a few days?
Ha! I already warned my mom. Any guest that stays longer than 2 nights gets put to work. Even my mom will get handed a rake and a shovel. :D

That makes me want to go back and look at the listings for my house.

On a phone guy note... I'm digging the phone pedastal in your neighbors yard. I'd be in that thing constantly. Sorry not sorry if you have dsl.

I have cable internet. connected line i get 90 mbp/s download. My neighborhood is really close to gigabit fiber lines, just not quite yet to my housing complex.

So TNF at Nick's and he smokes food all day while he's at work for dinner? Yes please. Thanks again for hosting the draft. I think it went really well. We're getting smarter at it.

The house looks great. Really dug the layout, the large kitchen, and monstrous master suite. The wife will increase her expectations when she visits it. Like you said, House is literally on the fringe of the ongoing gentrification in west seattle. Close to a lot. It'll just skyrocket in value soon as it continues to move south.

So TNF at Nick's and he smokes food all day while he's at work for dinner? Yes please. Thanks again for hosting the draft. I think it went really well. We're getting smarter at it.

The house looks great. Really dug the layout, the large kitchen, and monstrous master suite. The wife will increase her expectations when she visits it. Like you said, House is literally on the fringe of the ongoing gentrification in west seattle. Close to a lot. It'll just skyrocket in value soon as it continues to move south.

Ha! I'll definitely host football and smoke some meat.
I don't have any pictures of the ribs, chicken or pork i've done. But here's a brisket and flank steak.
IMG_7534.JPG
IMG_7533.JPG
IMG_7316.JPG

Back