obd2a -> obd2b wiring issues

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

truent

anyone know of any info on the web anywhere pertaining to

obd2a -> obd2b wiring..

pinouts or instructions are preferrable.. but wiring diagrams for both would work..

the scenario in question is 99si engine in a 98 ex civic

the dude wants to use 99si ecu.. but of course the chassis harness wont plug into that.. any info is appreciated.. thanks..

--truent

there are a few options for this.
i had a 96dx with 99si motor.
at first we hacked the dx harness and used the obd2b connectors wired into the dx harness and used the 99si ecu (pain in the ass, used helms to wire up). that worked for a few months, then i started getting CEL's from broken wires. next we ripped out the old harness, and used a 97 ex harness. then i used an obd2 -> obd1 jumper harness and used a reprogrammed P28 ecu because of the tuning options obd1 gives you. now i see that they make obd2a->obd2b jumper harness, so you might want to do this. i hated cutting the wires and re-wiring the connectors on, i don't wish that upon anybody.
http://www.jdmhondaparts.com/ecu.htm has the jumpers i speak of.

thanks.. yeah i thought about just doing obd2->obd1 but i think the guy wants to use the 99si ecu.. i've made conversion harnesses before and i understand your pain in just adapting the actual harness for it.. heh looks like i might just need to go down to honda or something and get some photocopies of the manual.. :(

anyone got pinouts? diagrams? happen to have the helms and willing to scan? eheh.. puhleez ;)

i ran the 99si ecu in my 96dx, i didn't come across any immoblizer problems, i dont think they put them in until 01+?

and sorry, i dont have that helms anymore (was stolen with the car) i only have obd1 dels vtec manual now.

Back