Of all the luck.....Project Reno

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Drove the Civic tonight:

:thumbsup: :
Exhaust. You can smuggle two mexicans across the border in that pipe.
Engine looks. Did a great job with it. Optima, red engine, silver accessories, all looks real good. Blue hoses, but it's an airjockie thing I guess.
Smoothness of the motor. For that exhaust, the valves can actually hold it's tone together. It didn't backfire on me at all.

Still not as fast mine, remarkably. Ditch that DPFI and do the MPFI swap and I think all of the add-ons will come together. I was thinking on the way out of your driveway, it was rude of me not to offer to let you drive mine :driver: But on saturday we'll swarm some CT highways with a few hatchies to scare the shit out of the townsfolk :)

I'm also still trying to get the wrecking crew together to get that Celica to run. I understand that the Battery did that to JB once before and he suggesting not only jumping, but to bypass that battery all together and it would get enough amperage to move the flywheel. So I'll bring another battery up with me.

But yeah, I think that 3 quarts of oil and a quart of Duralube will do the trick for a while. We'll give it a shot. Friday the ford dealer wants to see me about the Mustang (again) so I'll see where they're going with that.

bahahahhaha
abh.jpg

By the way, Clayton, what time are we getting together ?

yup...just got home....what a fucking drive.

I think we bought over $150 in just pack of beef..... :ph34r:

But the yakisoba feast is on..... :cool:

Good times, good times.

This weekend is the weekend of stupid excess.

Last night / this morning: 6 Coronas and 2 shots
This morning / noon: 6 cups of coffee consumed by 4:00. Bag of doritos. Bowl of cottage cheese.
Tonight: 3 Tacos, 3 plates of Yakisoba, 1/4 pound of japanese beef. 3 bottles of Corona.
10 Powerball tickets, 1 gallon of gas.

hey clayton.....by any chance do you know where the bolts for the dizzy cap are.....i found the cap but with no bolts so i couldnt start the rex yesterday...plus the battery was dead....got the exhaust on with ease tho!

that dizzy cap you put on has a lot of miles on it, if you pick up a new one from autozone...it will come with new bolts.... and I have a battery charger here.

i tried that charger near the civic seat and didnt seem to work.....i put it on like 10 amp and tried turning the lights on and nothing happened....i have another fully charged battery at my house so i am going to change it anyways...ill get a cap too before the next time i come up....i got monday and tuesday off so ill come up around then....thanx....later

Last night at about 1:30, we did the oil change on the motor...it had close to 900 miles...and the oil came out looking just a tad bit darker than the original oil going in...still a beer color. Not black...so thats a really good sign.

He hit the road with a caravan...a huge moving truck, his car, another car, and a SUV on the trailer on the truck. They left about 5:00 am from CT, and right now it is 8:33pm...and they already covered 607 miles....and will shoot for another 200 miles before they pull over for the night. Now heres the kicker...gas is getting cheaper on the way out west...$2.01 for 93 octane....when he last filled up.

when he was driving around here for the engine break in, he was getting about 32-34 MPG...and now here's the kicker....a steady 2500rpm, 5th gear, 70mph...and the dude has only spent $27 for gas....while the truck has already guzzeled $200+...

And at his last fillup...he punched in the numbers....and he's getting 63.1mpg now :blink:

Now I'm getting worried...that sounds like too much for that engine....and I've asked him to keep an eye on the damn temp guage...and he says it doesn't move, everything sounds good and fine, and every rest stop he checks the oil, rad fluid, overall condition of the car. Nothing has changed...no oil loss, temps are fine, and the MPG just keeps getting better. The temps are hanging about 1/4 of the gauge...so normal...and thats it.

I'm wondering if the map sensor might be stuck and he's going higher in elevation...and it's leaning out. since the car has been at near sea-level for the last 4-5 years....and whats going to happen when he gets to the Rockey mountains and the other mountain range near Reno..... :huh:

honda's have a baro sensor for elevation changes... at least the 5th gens do... not sure about the 4th gens.

hes probably getting stupid mileage cuz hes drafting a uhaul. lol

if the car makes it...and he still gets that kinda milage...then I'm going to build my self an exact duplicate....

maybe the fart can, huge header, huge intake and that little dinky fuel injector might have something....hrrrmrmmm :confused:

Back