Picture of the Day

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why does everybody keep bringing up that damned ITR powered Elise? This was The car integra against the cobra. Not let's see if we can put an itr motor on a
go-cart and beat up on the way over-priced cobra R, then write a story about it because we are an anti-domestic magazine!
<_<

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Nov 6 2003, 05:21 PM
ITR + 15gs = mustang eating shit

This is funny. I like it. "with the money you save from not buying a Cobra you can buy an ITR and upgrade to kill cobras" Get out of your fucking bubble reality!!!

Someone buying a 38k car OBVIOUSLY has money to burn. I don't give a fuck WHAT you do to an ITR with the 15k you saved, the guy with the Cobra is always gonna say fuck that, and run out and buy a chip, i/h/e, new S/C pulley, a new steeda or Triax short shifter, different rear end gearing, lighter driveshafts, nitto drag radials, etc etc. for his car and will rip the shit out of the ITR.

SCC did do a story on the ITR power Lotus Elise vs the 2000 Cobra R. But as far as I remember the Elise weighed in around 1800 lbs and the ITR DOES NOT... and an 03 Cobra has more power and weighs less than the 2000 R.

ford.jpg

oh jesus christ, we just have to bring this up in some shape or form every two weeks- We all know that the die hard import fans wouldn't drive the cobra if it was free and vise versa- WE could all go back and forth on which car is better and never make any progress in either direction; that's because each car has specific qualities that appeal to some people and not others. But for the record, i would never waste my money on a domestic piece of complete garbage, I've watched all my parents domestics cars spring all sorts of little problems while my prelude has lasted just as long with none of the problems

I'd drive them both. But I'd rather wreck the Cobra...as I stated before. ;)

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 6 2003, 05:33 PM
oh jesus christ, we just have to bring this up in some shape or form every two weeks- We all know that the die hard import fans wouldn't drive the cobra if it was free

i would take it for free

FOR ME TO POOP ON :lol:

This is funny. I like it. "with the money you save from not buying a Cobra you can buy an ITR and upgrade to kill cobras" Get out of your fucking bubble reality!!!

Someone buying a 38k car OBVIOUSLY has money to burn. I don't give a fuck WHAT you do to an ITR with the 15k you saved, the guy with the Cobra is always gonna say fuck that, and run out and buy a chip, i/h/e, new S/C pulley, a new steeda or Triax short shifter, different rear end gearing, lighter driveshafts, nitto drag radials, etc etc. for his car and will rip the shit out of the ITR.

SCC did do a story on the ITR power Lotus Elise vs the 2000 Cobra R. But as far as I remember the Elise weighed in around 1800 lbs and the ITR DOES NOT... and an 03 Cobra has more power and weighs less than the 2000 R.

I will give that a big mutha f'n :werd:

i would take it for free FOR ME TO POOP ON

Stop trying to be funny, you are not. Also, the people on here are more "CAR ENTHUSIASTS" than anything else.

haha I just don't like mustangs man.

And btw sleepergtx, or prowler, whoever said it, I'm not living in honda/acura fantasy land. My family is a corvette family. I know whats it's like to drive a car with torque, and toss it around corners sideways like it's nothing. Fact of the matter is, I just wouldn't take the Cobra over an ITR. And even if I did, i'd only be taking it to sell it and buy a real car like a mid 90s m3, and use the extra cash to make it 10 times the car a cobra could ever hope to be.

But if I got an ITR, I wouldn't sell it. Too much respect for Honda engineering.

After my brother's 2001 Cobra falling apart (overheating, idling high) after a year, I wouldn't waste a dime on one. Yeah they are quick for the first year until they start falling apart. Don't get me wrong, I think any fast car is cool, but from experiences I've seen people have with them, they are junk.

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Nov 6 2003, 11:03 PM
haha I just don't like mustangs man.

And btw sleepergtx, or prowler, whoever said it, I'm not living in honda/acura fantasy land. My family is a corvette family. I know whats it's like to drive a car with torque, and toss it around corners sideways like it's nothing. Fact of the matter is, I just wouldn't take the Cobra over an ITR. And even if I did, i'd only be taking it to sell it and buy a real car like a mid 90s m3, and use the extra cash to make it 10 times the car a cobra could ever hope to be.

But if I got an ITR, I wouldn't sell it. Too much respect for Honda engineering.

:werd: alrighty then mang!

Explain it that way then. The way you previously did made you sound like you were in a bubble. :lol:

Civicgirlracer...did your brother ever take care of his car? normal or above normal oil changes? wash it? take care of it at all? Most people I know of had stories of 'bad engineering' just didn't change the oil and the engine siezed.

customer neglect has a lot to do with how well a car stays in shape...but other times you just get that one lemon off the assembly line that was plagued with problems from the first bolt. <_<

granted my parents cars aren't mustangs, but one is mercury mystique and the other is ford taurus. My parents are both really calm, easy drivers and the roads around here are good to excellent. The cars are 3 and 2 years old respectively and they are crap. Now granted I completely understand that they aren't the mustangs and some might argue they aren't built to the same "high" standards. BUt shouldn't a company produce a line of cars that are all quality? Regardless though, the mercury has needed two new struts in the rear, brakes all around, and has a nagging idle problem that no one at ford can fix. THe taurus has needed new rotors, new struts, and it's passenger side mirror (electric) doesn't work. If ford cars are such great quality than why can't they manage to make things like the mirrors work for 2 years?

Last time I checked, a Cobra's base price is only checking in at 33k, folks.

ITR's were pushing 25k...

ITR + 8k =/= 2003 Cobra. A stock 2003 Cobra'd spank that ass A LOT more reliably.

BTW, a Cobra with a $150 pulley, $250 chip, $500 long tube headers, $500 exhaust, $100 inducktion system, $200 mass air meter, $200 throttle body, $300 slicks, and a $1000 blower upgrade will run 10's. ALL DAY EVERY DAY.

Let's see ANY Honda with all the creature comforts and full interior with $3200 in upgrades run 10's. I'd love to see that.

MKIV Supra's can't even hold a candle to that kind of performance per dollar value.

Yeah yeah, not as fast, but if I was to rock a mustang it would be a 99-00 s281 or s351.

I just like those for some reason.....

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Nov 7 2003, 01:02 AM
Yeah yeah, not as fast, but if I was to rock a mustang it would be a 99-00 s281 or s351.

I just like those for some reason.....

The 2003 Cobra OWNS an S-281 Saleen, sorry to inform you.

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Nov 6 2003, 10:49 PM
granted my parents cars aren't mustangs, but one is mercury mystique and the other is ford taurus. My parents are both really calm, easy drivers and the roads around here are good to excellent. The cars are 3 and 2 years old respectively and they are crap. Now granted I completely understand that they aren't the mustangs and some might argue they aren't built to the same "high" standards. BUt shouldn't a company produce a line of cars that are all quality? Regardless though, the mercury has needed two new struts in the rear, brakes all around, and has a nagging idle problem that no one at ford can fix. THe taurus has needed new rotors, new struts, and it's passenger side mirror (electric) doesn't work. If ford cars are such great quality than why can't they manage to make things like the mirrors work for 2 years?

Insight, crap
CRV, crap
Element, crap

every automaker has "less than perfect" cars. do you honestly think the designers for the ITR worked on the wonderfully reliable CRV? :no:
did the taurus engineers work on the Cobra? :no:

Originally posted by Frankie P.@Nov 6 2003, 05:53 PM
Stop trying to be funny, you are not. Also, the people on here are more "CAR ENTHUSIASTS" than anything else.

just a question but why would "CAR ENTHUSIASTS" be posting in favor of a mustang on a HONDA site??????

I hope we can all continue to make posts of our other favorite cars.

That means that we ARE enthusiasts - Knowing that sometimes the shittiest of companies make some pretty decent cars.

I love Insights, CRVs and Elements. I enjoy Mustangs - In fact it's the only car I would buy in the 93 body.

I mean, my passions in cars lean me towards Toyotas over Hondas. Hondas and Toyotas are completely different though.

I think B tends to gravitate towards nissans. T hat's cool. Hanging around ONE car leads to stagnation, which is ignorant to do to yourself.

-> Steve

im a import guy
domestics suck balls

nissan owns j00

i miss my sentra
old people cant drive for shit
s3faa934f2e641.jpg

sorry for the holy life sized picture

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back