Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i know how that goes...

I my crx was untouched for 3 years as well. The dirt just gets caked on there and tkaes more than 1 car wash to get it all off.

thats how this rsx i got was. Its still not all out. shame someone would let this happen to any good looking car.

i know how that goes...

I my crx was untouched for 3 years as well. The dirt just gets caked on there and tkaes more than 1 car wash to get it all off.

thats how this rsx i got was. Its still not all out. shame someone would let this happen to any good looking car.

I just can't believe the amount of mud that I find in the bottom of the soap bucket, I couldn't believe what it looked like under the carpet and the rear seats. How do you let leaves get under your carpet? It looked like a tree growing in the spare tire well too. At least we are here to give these cars the tlc that they deserve!:) anyone have any pics of an ef gathers rear speaker set installed? I have seen some pics around of them out of the car, just wondering what it looks like installed.

I have a very strange arangement of audio equipment and it has been a pain in the ass. i have moved it from two cars so far and im getyting tired of it. its currently sitting in my suburban.
2 12" Alpine type S
Inverted trunk box
Pioneer 760w amp
Schoche 6g wiring
cant recall the name of my capacitor but its a 2 farad
Kenwood head unit

Complete install in two different vehicles by yours truly......

finally got it in!

Attachments

• IMG_0236.jpg
    IMG_0236.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 241
rca's wire have already been installed. Just need a fancy switch to view DVD's.

its gonna be a little bit before i can start installing the rest of the stuff but in the meantime, it sounds great with the factory Bose subwoofer. limited but its better than having no bass at all. :)

major jdm newb here:rolleyes:

WTF is gathers? I'm thinking gatherers....
it is a company honda hired back in the late 80's in japan to make their car audio....but it sucks.. a pioneer deck and speaker combo from wallmart will sound better.... its just jdm thats why everybody wants it..

it is a company honda hired back in the late 80's in japan to make their car audio....but it sucks.. a pioneer deck and speaker combo from wallmart will sound better.... its just jdm thats why everybody wants it..

I just want the rear speaker set up since mine doesn't have any, I don't want to keep the speakers in them.. Why would I leave the old shitty speakers in there? They have come along way in audio products since the late 80's. And Im sorry I forget the er on there I was in a hurry, I turn wrenches not type on keyboards.:eek:. so im o so sorry for being a "newb" and will beg the forum gods for forgiveness.

You gotta sacrifice a lamb and do the JDM dance for 45 minutes before the gods will forgive you.

the dash kit bolts up to the factory rsx brackers and the brackets blot up to the pioneer. i didnt do it. My friend did it at his shop while i was at work.

I'm prolly going to head up today to run the door panel speaker wires and might have enough time to install the 450/4 to get some sound.

the bose system SUCKS. I thought it was good until i wanted to tun it up and jam. Even with the HPF at 125hz it still sounds like crap at high volume.

the back speakers are super easy to replace. I ran seperate wires because it would save me time AND most importantly the factory wirs are extremely thin. The is no way the aftermarket speaker will recieve all that power.

as you can see its eaxtremely easy and saves on wiring time.

Also you can see i've been jammin some Micheal jackson (pre molestor) and of course your not ballin' if you dont have the lonely island videos :lol:

Attachments

• IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 244
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 215
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 230
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 225
  • IMG_0240.jpg
    IMG_0240.jpg
    38.6 KB · Views: 227
  • IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    47.9 KB · Views: 216
ha!! i met my buddy yesterday at his shop after all.

factory wires were sooooo tiny. Since he had to take the door panels off he ran 16awg wire from the door,through the rubber boot and hid the crossovers behind the kick panels. From there they go directly to the cd player completetly bypassing the bose amp.

I went and installed the JBL series components I dont know the model number. Its the step below from the power series. Fit perfect. the tweeters were hot glued under the factory tweeter grill so everything look stock. love it!

the fader is set to the rear alittle so the sound doesnt drown out he rears since i havent installed anything and they are still on the bose amp. Its clean and the back had just enough bump to give me some midbass. Since there is no way to place to install a twetter in the back i'm going to be using JBL coax 6.5's. The tweeter is in the middle and are just as loud.

cant wait to put some reall power to them :)

cant wait. i hope i can have my stuff done before spring fling in PC this year. I think one sub is plenty for loud bass and clean SQ. We shall see though. Definitly expect me to post up some pics of the fiberglass box and amp rack

I'll just add to this thread i guess...

So the crossovers were installed in the kick panels. Here's how i ran the new wires from the rear speaker to the trunk.

no that hard you just need a feeder tool

the speakers were so easy to hook up. I just ordered some more power series components to replace them in the back. The fronts sound awesome. The amp is on 1/4 up gain. Its pretty powerful :cool: So far the stock ones in the back have been taking the beating with no signs of giving up.

Also the factory bose sub is still there. Gives me the extra bass at low volume but when i cran it up it pretty much vanishes....^_^

Attachments

• IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 231
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 224
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg