Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i've never had a ported box and i like the sound i've always had... i say go for it

buddy had 9 12" diamond D3's in a custom box with 3 Diamond D5 1500.1 amps, line driver, 2 1500cca optima yellow tops, alpine flipout head unit, in a plymouth voyager. Hit 161db on the dash before it was broken in

i've never had a ported box and i like the sound i've always had... i say go for it
I plugged my port on my MTX with rags, it actually sealed, and it sounded the same but quieter.
buddy had 9 12" diamond D3's in a custom box with 3 Diamond D5 1500.1 amps, line driver, 2 1500cca optima yellow tops, alpine flipout head unit, in a plymouth voyager. Hit 161db on the dash before it was broken in
Ha ha. That sounds sick.

Ill play....

Pioneer DEH-4100 head unit
IMG_1202.jpg

Kenwood KAC-7202 2 channel amp bridged at 460 watts RMS
IMG_1204.jpg

Pioneer TS-W306C 12" sub, 400 watts RMS. Dont have pics because of the way its mounted in the car.

those newer pioneer's are REALLY good. I wish would have gotten one of those instead of my eclipse. :(

I usaully buy good cheap stuff. Use it and sell it for the same if not more money, which is why you have to buy it really cheap.:D

While i'm jamming i'm also saving up money so when i do sell it i have enough to buy higher end brands..again for cheap and work my way up. I have scored...

Boston G-5 10's
Rockford 500.1 amp.
JL Audio 1000/1 - $300
08 Alpine with ipod control - 100 bucks

at one time i had too much audio stuff. :huh:

I've got too much stuff now lol. I've got the system in my car then I've got a complete system for an S10 Blazer with 2 350 watt RMS 12's and all four 220 watt mids.

at least you have a mute. I paid $650 for a radio with no mute button. and extemely slow volume speed with remote. :(

I had an older Pioneer that had a button that lowered the volume to level 5 or somethin no matter how loud you have it. The new one doesn't have that, and I miss it.

I had an older Pioneer that had a button that lowered the volume to level 5 or somethin no matter how loud you have it. The new one doesn't have that, and I miss it.

my jvc has a button like that.

ahh my bad. I was wrong. My Eclipse didnt have a pause button. It has a mute but cuts the sound off completely, so if i need to turn it down real quick it just stays quiet andi miss that portion of the sound.

not that I care really but it does get annoying for an expensive unit thats supposed to be the shizznit:mad:

l_b0f3c2414ef640138bf81b2dcf4e479b.jpg
l_759e6be641b945fbb633d72b89d8e1af.jpg

Pioneer deh-5000p deck, with kenwood 10's and kenwood amp. Alpine door speakers. The deck has the usb in the glove box, Love it, hides the ipod from prying eyes. This is the 3rd (or 4th can't remember lol) car that the subs and amp have been in, they used to be in truck boxes too. amp has peak power of 800w and it will shake the windows in the house ( when I first hooked it up in my current car and tested it my step-dad asked me why I was vibrating the house windows). I think it is because of how awesome hatches are bass=). eventually I am going to get some speakers and mold them into the rear deck lid(its broke were it folds anyhow) but that will come after I get my new seats in, repaint the interior, repaint the exterior, and repaint the engine/bay.:rolleyes:

at least give those subs a wipe down...:lol:

Back