Post your audio sytems!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I like the "surround" sound of stock CRX speaker placement. So I'm putting in 2 moar speakerz and actually amplifing my sub instead of it running off of the deck. The sub says 50w per side (two 6" subs in a bandpass box) so can I run my Pioneer 300w (120w per side) amp and turn the gain right down?

yes you can turn the gain down. I assume they are 4ohm speakers right? if so that would be the safest thing to do.

ohh man thats a nice crx. i hate you right now. :lol:

try running them in series and get them down to 3ohm. see how much better it sounds.

fitbuttons.jpg

It rocks compared to the audio system on my other Daily Driver....

i bet they dont make a dash kit for that thing. whew!

The newer stock radios are sounding better and better. They just make them so complicated sometimes. Especially if you want to add an interface for ipods or such.

i'm assuming they are 3 ohm single voice coil. weird since JL is the only company i know that does that.

take all (+) together and all (-) together and hook up bridges on the amp. I think that would yield 1.5 ohms bridged. that should plenty of juice for 6'' speakers :lol:

Way too much power, even bridged on 150w instead of 300w. I put my 12" MTX in...it's 30x louder than in my hatch but it won't fit under the cover and it's heavy. I'm looking into a 10" now I guess.

none, I hate the way both sound. See if you can find some more brands. For 100 bucks you can almost buy a new JL 10w0 and get better sound. They dont need alot of power and dont need a big box.

if you like quick response i would invest in 2 good 8's. Diamond Audio, Kicker and JL sound amazing. I personally have heard all three on 500 watts. they sound like 10's.

I have a 10 750w sub and a bridged sony x plod 600w amp and everyone has ask me if its a 1000w 12. shit makes my eyes hurt. if i drive with it too loud and constantly moves my rear view mirror. i have to adjust it every couple miles so i can see what's behind me. I actually even had a couple people ask me "what ya got two 12s" and i laugh and say "nah its just a 10"... shit is the best sounding 600 watts i have ever heard. i didn't expect this much out of it when i bought it all at walmart for less than 250 bucks.

none, I hate the way both sound. See if you can find some more brands. For 100 bucks you can almost buy a new JL 10w0 and get better sound. They dont need alot of power and dont need a big box.

if you like quick response i would invest in 2 good 8's. Diamond Audio, Kicker and JL sound amazing. I personally have heard all three on 500 watts. they sound like 10's.

I don't even like the sound of my my MTX. I think there is also a punch and a JL up on there I'll look ltater.

the w0 is one of the best subs on the market because of it price and efficiency. They sound so good for a low budget system. I have owned 1 mtx amp when i was serious into bass in high school. it slammed my punch 15's but the subs to me were always crappy.

I checked out their website the other day and wow they really fell off the audio world with their crap. Even the RFL gets bad reviews when you talk about it with shop owners or spl competitors.

I mean my MTX is really loud but it doesn't sound as good as Matts dual voice coil Massive sub.

The Alpine is a dual voice coil, its in a ported box and my amp can run it. Plus its pretty cheap. I think I'll offer the guy something.

Last edited:
dude a video of audio usually doesnt show annything but noise.:lol:

now if you had a db meter or epic 160 to show how hard it hitting than thats a different story. Dont give up. I started with shit and just worked my way up. I like to hustle and sell my shit to buy better stuff.

Its better to have clear sound with small good stuff than garbage sound with alot crappy subs,6x9's and other cheap cstuff.

i tend to do the same thing trying to get better stuff... i tried to trade my s10 for a del sol but it didnt work and im kinda glad actually lol i love my s10

Back