Powdercoating Valve Covers and other parts

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by mntdewred@Jul 13 2005, 06:42 AM
It's going well :thumbsup:

If it continues to go this well, I should have it out by tomorrow
[post=525278]Quoted post[/post]​

good to hear...now all I need are pics :D :thumbsup:

Here are your pictures Chris:

The day and condition I received the cover in:

After the cover has been cleaned and stripped:

After the cover has been media blasted:

Black powder has been applied:

Fresh from the oven:

You can't tell from the pictures the minute areas where I thought were unacceptable. But without a doubt, the cover will turn out great. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by mntdewred@Jul 14 2005, 06:40 AM
Here are your pictures Chris:

The day and condition I received the cover in:

After the cover has been cleaned and stripped:

After the cover has been media blasted:

Black powder has been applied:

Fresh from the oven:

You can't tell from the pictures the minute areas where I thought were unacceptable. But without a doubt, the cover will turn out great. :thumbsup:
[post=525962]Quoted post[/post]​

It actually looked 10 times better when you cleaned and stripped it than the condition I sent it to you in :lol:

I can't really tell the problem areas in the pic but it does look like there are white flakes that never cured. Am I right? thanks for the headsup.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No, everything cured. There were just some sags in the powder that you probably wouldn't have even noticed. I'm just weird about things like that. :thumbsup:

Originally posted by mntdewred@Jul 14 2005, 08:31 PM
No, everything cured. There were just some sags in the powder that you probably wouldn't have even noticed. I'm just weird about things like that. :thumbsup:
[post=526353]Quoted post[/post]​

Cool, Thanks.

No one else is getting their covers coated? C'mon guys, he provides excellent service and is the cheapest you will ever find :thumbsup:

Originally posted by B16RacerN2NR@Jul 16 2005, 06:34 PM
how are things going? I also want to see pics of the cover done over again to see if I can tell the difference.

:thumbsup:
[post=527335]Quoted post[/post]​

It's going well. You won't be able to tell any difference with the new pictures because you couldn't tell what was wrong in the first set of pictures I've shown you. I had to redo it for my piece of mind. I couldn't send you the cover knowing that I didn't like certain areas of the cover. But don't worry, I'll make sure I like the cover before I release it. If it continues to go well, it should be out to you by Monday via UPS. I will notify you once it is in the hands of the Brown Guys :thumbsup:

I guess the only difference you will see in the new, finished pictures are the letters unmasked. I didn't even bother with the letters because of those certain sags in the powder.

Originally posted by mntdewred@Jul 17 2005, 12:06 AM
I guess the only difference you will see in the new, finished pictures are the letters unmasked. I didn't even bother with the letters because of those certain sags in the powder.
[post=527421]Quoted post[/post]​

bump it up...

And yes, I know, I need better picture taking skills. lol :) I'm blaming the camera :thumbsup:

Originally posted by mntdewred@Jul 17 2005, 10:34 PM
Only took pictures of the final, end result:

Hope you like it :thumbsup:
[post=527767]Quoted post[/post]​

hell yeah...ME LIKES!!!

You even masked the letters off for me and I didn't even ask you to
:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

you are the man... :thumbsup:

Would you like me to redo it with the letters in Mirror Black as well? I'm sorry, I just figured you'd want them masked off. There will be no extra charge for me to redo it again as it is my fault.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back