project: pissedoffhatch begins

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i dunno, you just seem like more of a loser than Jeffie and you blow your shit up all the time.

alright,

lets get this thread abck on topic... i'm probably going to start a new thread later when i start doing stuff to it, and just include my first post... this thread is out of hand...

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Apr 26 2005, 09:06 AM-->
he made a shit load more than me when he was working, and houses in texas are half the price they are here. come to new england. see how much shit costs. cigs in new york are $7 a pack. milk is close to $4 a gallon.
1000 sq foot house w/ no garage in the ghetto, $200,000.
1500 sq ft house w/ 2 car garage not in the ghetto and not falling apart, 275,000 - 550,000 depending on land/lot.
[post=491539]Quoted post[/post]​

Very true, I am in East Texas, and yeah- two years ago I was making almost twice what you do now if that's your correct take home pay that you listed. That was with lots of bonuses though, and also a job that I wasn't happy with. All that money vaporized before I started this job- drawing unemployment checks while the debts still go up really sucks. My current base pay is pretty damn close to my old base pay, plus I'm much happier (and I'll actually get paid for overtime!) which means I'll perform better and get better raises- which is better in the long run.

Also true that the part of Texas I'm in now is cheaper than New England, but not by too much. Houston/Dallas/Austin are just about as expensive as your east coast property.

My expenses are WAY lower than yours though. I cook as much as I can, don't smoke, and pack lunches- you save a LOT of money like that. It makes a few hundred dollars' per month difference.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 26 2005, 09:27 AM
You really don't need to spend $30 a day on food....
[post=491561]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Originally posted by hondarin@Apr 27 2005, 03:09 AM
buy groceries and cook!! lmao.
[post=491923]Quoted post[/post]​

pissedoffsol
@Apr 28 2005, 02:05 PM
nothing.
[post=492639]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

That's the best way to keep it reliable. :)

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 29 2005, 12:10 AM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2005, 09:06 AM
he made a shit load more than me when he was working, and houses in texas are half the price they are here.  come to new england.  see how much shit costs.  cigs in new york are $7 a pack.  milk is close to $4 a gallon.
1500 sq ft house w/ 2 car garage not in the ghetto and not falling apart, 275,000 - 550,000 depending on land/lot.

Very true, I am in East Texas, and yeah- two years ago I was making almost twice what you do now if that's your correct take home pay that you listed. That was with lots of bonuses though, and also a job that I wasn't happy with. All that money vaporized before I started this job- drawing unemployment checks while the debts still go up really sucks. My current base pay is pretty damn close to my old base pay, plus I'm much happier (and I'll actually get paid for overtime!) which means I'll perform better and get better raises- which is better in the long run.

Also true that the part of Texas I'm in now is cheaper than New England, but not by too much. Houston/Dallas/Austin are just about as expensive as your east coast property.

My expenses are WAY lower than yours though. I cook as much as I can, don't smoke, and pack lunches- you save a LOT of money like that. It makes a few hundred dollars' per month difference.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@Apr 26 2005, 09:27 AM
You really don't need to spend $30 a day on food....
[post=491561]Quoted post[/post]​

Originally posted by hondarin@Apr 27 2005, 03:09 AM
buy groceries and cook!!  lmao.

pissedoffsol
@Apr 28 2005, 02:05 PM
nothing.
[post=492639]Quoted post[/post]​

:thumbsup:

That's the best way to keep it reliable. :)
[post=492842]Quoted post[/post]​

Cal-brian is the typical single white guy in this respect- nothing odd about it- before o got married i didnt pack a lunch- off so subway or what ever fast food tere was- yes it save money- but cuts back on time- ! like the hour and a half it took cooking the ribs im eating today- brian can just hop on up to the first bbq joint and pay 10 bucks and have some ribs in 10 minutes ! people pay for the ease of things. Depending on my day-and wifes attitude - im still going to eat out just for the distance, and "time"

Yea when I had my ex living with me I was saving (but losing at the same time) money. She used to make me my lunches and shit, it made a huge difference. Like $25 a day so I was actually saving $500 a month, but I still spent it like crazy.

I spend nearly $200 a month on cigarettes, when she was living with me it was more like $400 a month, then she wanted this and that and I needed some $200 worth of something to relax me from her bitching.

Originally posted by b204dr+Apr 29 2005, 04:57 AM-->
Cal-brian is the typical single white guy in this respect- nothing odd about it- before o got married i didnt pack a lunch- off so subway or what ever fast food tere was- yes it save money- but cuts back on time- ! like the hour and a half it took cooking the ribs im eating today- brian can just hop on up to the first bbq joint and pay 10 bucks and have some ribs in 10 minutes ! people pay for the ease of things. Depending on my day-and wifes attitude - im still going to eat out just for the distance, and "time"
[post=492889]Quoted post[/post]​

I guess I'm the typical yellow single guy. :) As soon as I started working, I packed my own lunches- which is a good thing, since most American restaurants don't serve anything that matches what I'm supposed to be eating for a healthy diet. Lots of meat = bad feeling Mike, so I try to pack my lunch when I can. I still eat out with the guys a lot though. I don't feel the need to get away from the woman at all either.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Apr 29 2005, 06:12 AM
Yea when I had my ex living with me I was saving (but losing at the same time) money. She used to make me my lunches and shit, it made a huge difference. Like $25 a day so I was actually saving $500 a month, but I still spent it like crazy.

I spend nearly $200 a month on cigarettes, when she was living with me it was more like $400 a month, then she wanted this and that and I needed some $200 worth of something to relax me from her bitching.
[post=492895]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow. You guys need to find more relaxed women!

pissedoffsol
@Apr 29 2005, 07:37 AM
:lol: lol damn women :p
[post=492904]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

:p...I think I found a good one. She still has her occasional outbursts though.

its easy for me to go out and still eat healthy.

there's a health food store/deli/grocey mart called super natural right down the street from me. i eat there 2 or 3 times a week.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 29 2005, 11:46 AM
its easy for me to go out and still eat healthy.

there's a health food store/deli/grocey mart called super natural right down the street from me. i eat there 2 or 3 times a week.
[post=493036]Quoted post[/post]​

That works. No Whole Foods Market here for me. :(

Originally posted by Calesta+Apr 28 2005, 10:10 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 26 2005, 09:06 AM
he made a shit load more than me when he was working, and houses in texas are half the price they are here.  come to new england.  see how much shit costs.  cigs in new york are $7 a pack.  milk is close to $4 a gallon.

hondarin
@Apr 27 2005, 03:09 AM
buy groceries and cook!!  lmao.

i'm from about 40 miles south of houston, but i'm going to texas tech now, and used to live in a small town with a population of about 1600. anyway, my parents house is a 3 bed/ 1 bath, brick, with attached garage built in the sixties (i think); its pretty nice size but i don't know the sq ft. anyway, i'm pretty sure the house is still valued a good bit under 100K, although its on 4 lots so the property tax is kinda high. my dad works in houston and commutes.

but, about 10 years ago we were gonna move to the austin area, cuz my dad had a job offer there, and houses that were smaller than ours (the master bedrooms were smaller than our smallest bedroom) were like 120K and more. and that was like 25 miles outside of austin like 10 years ago!!

actually, land and house prices in austin have been skyrocketing the past few years cuz there are a lotta people moving to that area, even a lot of californians. i still wanna live somewhere in texas when i get outta college, but i don't really know where.

anyway, good luck on the project.

Back