project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So Jeff workin on a car is like jeff being drunk? Just sitting in the corner quiet and giggling? :)

And B... We'll tow our cars to a downhill and see who's can coast down the hill faster... LOL!

And did your block happen to come with an oil filter on it? If it did, cut the filter open and see if/what it trapped in there...

haha, that was :lol: noah.

Thats a good idea about the oil filter :)

COming to a garage near j00, Hack Saw Stanley VS. Oil Filter Honda

WHo will win? ONLY TIME WILL TELLL!L!L!L!L!L!L

Originally posted by 87 hatchy@Oct 10 2003, 08:20 AM
OH SHIT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I REALLY CARE :eek:

Oh shit, you're a moron.

YEs.....cutting open the old oil filter will tell you a lot of things......like you actually had oil in the engine, what material is clogging up in it, and if it did not clog up completely, then your oil pump and oil gallies are still safe.

we have to cut open an oil filter after every 50 hours of flight on our aircraft engines, and take a SOAP sample....which is nothing but a Spectromical Oil Annalisis Program......(sP)

If you have a large pipe cutter with a little mini-pizza cutter disk on it, then just cut as close to attaching flange as possible. then pop the cap of the filter off, then your going to have to cute the filter portion off, and then get to the accordian type papper filter, and then cut it to where it will look like an accordian stretched out, then inspect it with a good light..and save and take a picture for up of the chunks you see. the good thing is...is all filters will stop the FOD (Foreign Object Damage)from getting to the oiling jets, and oil passeges.....unless the filter is completely clogged, then it will go into bypass mode and just recirculate the crap around until it clogs up the oil pump...and if that happenes, and if it got that far, and the engine is still running....just scrap the engine....it's died a horrible fate.

It will be a messy job, and a fun one it it's your first time. Enjoy the fine pleasure of destroying something. If it is a bearing that is causing the FOD, which it does sound like it is....then the engine is going to be so un-reliable untill you rebuild it. And bearings are not that expensive, but getting the sizes, and measuring everything is....just a little time consuming.

i've seen Fram filters leave little slivers of metal in oil before...

dont know if that's at all relevant to what you've got going on or not....just my .02

i think you need to make a new topic every update, as this topic is getting whored like mad

Originally posted by 90 accord@Oct 10 2003, 10:03 PM
i think you need to make a new topic every update, as this topic is getting whored like mad

That would get even messier... 20 threads all whored out instead of just one where you can find all the info- not a good thing.

Originally posted by Calesta@Oct 10 2003, 10:44 PM

That would get even messier... 20 threads all whored out instead of just one where you can find all the info- not a good thing.

that may be true, but atleast you wouldn't have to sort through 6(+) pages to find the updates :) :D

Good work B. Polish the bar stool and refill the glass to prevent excessive lose of your coolent. LOL

That car is looking amazing so far.

nope. didnt touch it friday
sat i went to ny and then to my girls
tomorrow is my gramps 78th b-day party... and then im going back to my gf's.... and then to work...
so monday night will be the next update.

Day 4

Well, day 4 sucked big balls too. I hate honads. I hate working on cars. I hate the fact that aftermarket shit never fits right. I hate the fact that the previous owner of the motor is an absolute FUCKFACE retard.

That said, here's what happened...

Shift linkage- well, it didn't fit right at first. I'm a moron and built it upside down. before i realized this, i kept trying to make the shifter fit... filed shit all down.... blah... 2 hours wasted on that fucking thing...

the dizzy has no coil in it.
its a fucking d-seires dizzy.
its been hacked to shit.

more expenses. I need an obd1 b-series dizzy if anyone out there has one for cheap.

the purge valve is missing a connector on the harness... dont know what the fuck to plug that into.

the injector grounds have been hacked.... no fucking clue what he did. see the pics. the blue connector doesn't exist on my d-seires harness... and then, he ran that green wire to it from the normal terminator... no idea. we're going to leave it as is... and if it doesn't start when the time comes, thats the first thing we're going to look at.

got the intermediate shafte on the tranny, and the slave cyl.

frustrated, tired, and hungry, we ordered pizza.

830, were done for the night....

here's the pics i took... and bill took of me when i was being a moron building shit backwards. lol I also took some pics of the vins/serials and shit for future reference in case my shit winds up stolen...

and we test fitted the manifold to see how bad-ass it looks.

so far, the full race kit is the only shit that seems like its going to work as it should. Geoff's shop is the shit and I can't speak more highly of his products, his customer support, or his quality of work. I should've gotten everything from them from day 1.

DSC00301.JPG

DSC00302.JPG

DSC00303.JPG

DSC00304.JPG

DSC00305.JPG

DSC00306.JPG

DSC00307.JPG

DSC00308.JPG

DSC00309.JPG

DSC00310.JPG

DSC00311.JPG

DSC00312.JPG

DSC00313.JPG

DSC00314.JPG

DSC00315.JPG

DSC00316.JPG

DSC00317.JPG

DSC00318.JPG

DSC00319.JPG

DSC00320.JPG

DSC00324.JPG

DSC00325.JPG

DSC00326.JPG

DSC00327.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
that sucks man....hope you'll have better luck tomorrow.

-rob

Back