project: pissedoffsol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

OK Brian... breathe... OK, are you listening to me? It's going to be OK... the reason that one port on that gasket doesn't have any carbon on it was because it was sealed properly on just that one cylinder. That was the cylinder I tested spark on... it's OK... just get that damn thing shaved and you'll be fine.

well, i don't know... im off to bed. more work, more pissedoffsol. lol

Here's what you do Brian...

Get yourself a Mr. Gasket Copper Gasket
Get the manifold decked (I can do it if you want)
Then if you want EXTRA added sealant, put a bead of this on...
ultra-copper.jpg

YES IT WORKS.

Better yet, just get the spray on copper coat stuff, and put 2-3 coats ont he gasket... It'll seal right up.

it wont seal it alone... just as an additive it will help IMPROVE the seal.

welp, bill came over, had a look.

#3 is mad crooked, or just not sitting jsut right or something. shes going back to get fixed. F-R taking the cost both ways, etc. :thumbsup:

here's some pics of the carbon on the head... t3h leakage.

DSC00967.JPG

DSC00968.JPG

DSC00969.JPG

DSC00970.JPG

Brian... the manifold wasn't sitting properly and was SEVERLY warped. You CANNOT base the condition of the cylinders on the ammount of carbon leakage you see in those pics.

Hey Brian,

I figured out what the problem is. Its not the Manifold cause we surface each manifold before we ship them. but if you look closely, you will see that right underneath the second & fourth stud on the botton, there is a tab where the head meets the block. This is very rare for blocks to have this, but you have to shave that down so that the flange can sit flush to the head. I had the same exact problem. anyway, if you need help, hit me up on my cellphone or ill be in CT next week and i can help you out then. Let me know.

henry

hrm... i'm going to have to whip out the hedge trimmers and shave that shit and try again....

the number four cylinder pictured above is not the problem since it was not leaking, i guess we can take a look at the head but either way the manifold surface is not flat across.

here.JPG

EDIT: Its happening because of the size of the FR flange and the fact that you are running a PR3 head on a b18c block.

i guess so... 90+ are all the same anyway... jsut differen't electronics mostly... who cares. its a casting. the entire insides and outsides are not sir1 parts. portflow y0

anyway, im going to try to shave those things off- and noah, now that you put that aprt up i can see what you're saying...

2 more hours till i go home from hell, errr work, and take a look at it

try the manifold on the head after those tabs are removed...it should seal perfectly :) . if for some reason it does not, then check it on a perfectly flat surface such as a granite surface at a machine shop. it is a lot easier to check it this way than with a regular square. let us know what happens.

Back