Ressurected Sol

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

why havent you bolted up the fenders? A+ on the project. Are you making a 3" inch exhaust?

I bolted the fenders on it today i had to finish the hinges for the hood. it turned out to be a night mare and is definently the hardest thing i had to do, create hinges that allow the hood to close and get everythig to line up and look good, the hinges are still not perfect but the work well enough that i am happy with it the hood is on straight and closes properly.

I have a 2.25 inch down pipe because that is the size of the flange on the turbo, the cat that i ordered (a cheap ass one off of ebay that it enough to pass inspection but you can stick your hand through) goes 2.25 to 2.5 and then i will use a 2.5 inch muffler probably. and keep the pipe 2.5 inch the rest of the way back. 3" on this application is overkill, and i don't like the look of huge exhaust tips. I think of it as being "ricer" and so many people around here have those ugly mufflers with the big chrome tips strapped onto the back of their stock exhaust, my muffler is going to be located right after the cat in the tunnel down the center of the car, and then i am going to run pipe to the stock location, it will sound crazy, the muffler i am using if about as effective as a resonator. and it will look similar to stock except a slightly larger tip and no muffler that is visable.

Damn, nice to see it coming together.. From the first pic I had serious doubts.. I certainly would not have taken on such a huge project.. But it seems to be going nicely for you.

Did you read my basketball post? I'm too freakin lazy to go look.

I wish I could update "project phantom".. but I've been strapped for cash lately.. It seems every time I get a few extra bucks something happens.. New tires for the teggy.. harley payment.. registration on 2 cars and a motorcycle at once... I still don't have a freaking stereo in it. :dry:

yeah, i am doing the work at a body shop so for that quarter panel i am going to do what they tell me to do to get it out, i don't know yet they just look at it and laugh, hah j/k.
an easy way to get money for a project is to crash a car and have it not be your fault, any way i am going over budget i need about $400-500 more in order to have money for paint.

I am taking the car in the halloween parade.

is that a sol or a civic? :mrgreen: . looks good. I wish I had this much access...well I probably could have this access but my buddy hates imports. :cry: looks good though man...I can't wait to get my turbo project on a role here.

DCP_0073.jpg

How many cars are in this one?
Engine/brakes 94 integra LS
Body 95 Sol s
Steering Rack 95 civic cx
turbo 91 talon tsi
corner of front bumper 98 Chrsyler sebering
Front End 94 civic dx or ex?
DCP_0078.jpg

DCP_0079.jpg

DCP_0074.jpg

DCP_0080.jpg

Remeber that huge crater
DCP_0077.jpg

This thing is called a stinger, it spot welds pins to the sheetmetal and that allows you to pull to dent out. it is a miracle worker!
DCP_0081.jpg

there's still a lot of road ahead but it's looking more like a car lately.

Quoted post[/post]]
DCP_0073.jpg

Body 95 Sol s
turbo 91 talon tsi
DCP_0078.jpg

DCP_0079.jpg

DCP_0074.jpg

DCP_0080.jpg

DCP_0077.jpg

This thing is called a stinger, it spot welds pins to the sheetmetal and that allows you to pull to dent out. it is a miracle worker!
DCP_0081.jpg

those pix dont work.

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
DCP_0073.jpg

Body 95 Sol s
turbo 91 talon tsi
DCP_0078.jpg

DCP_0079.jpg

DCP_0074.jpg

DCP_0080.jpg

DCP_0077.jpg

DCP_0081.jpg

those pix dont work.
yea, i cant see anything.

I wouldn't paint it black, that will make all the imperfections in the body work stand out 10x worse. White or silver would be ideal. But do what you want, I just thought i'd give ya a heads up.

but he wants to keep the white wheels... i figured a darker color of some sorts, like a gray or black. White on white, is really bad :) I knew about the imperfections showing but would that fender buldge out?

Back