Rich's Street/Rat F100 Build Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That is a crossmember. And yes it is purposefully off center. As I said, the driveline, including the engine, are passenger biased.

A lot of F series trucks had the weight of one or two fuel tanks, the steering components and the driver, as well as the transfer case in 4wd variants all on the driver's side. I believe the driveline is offset to balance the weight distribution of a fully loaded vehicle. Just a guess.

You are really smart! I wish I were as smart as you. Keep up the hard work.

you can be!
im sure for a low 1 time price (+shipping of course) he'll be more than happy to send you a vial of his special juice.

Bahaha omg it is...Yes that is my dad. He is a land surveyor...hence mesurman lol. Hi dad!

wow..... this might just be an internet first

kinda glad i didnt ban him for trolling now LMAO!!! :lmao:

Have you decided on the rear end gearing yet? Just a friendly suggestion - 4:11's are lots of fun for V-8 powered hotrod. Just sayin'! :)

You can change out the 3rd member pretty easily if you think it's too low - but, oh what fun......

Beautiful fabrication work - in addition to a master craftsmans hands, you have an eye for design, symmetry and just putting things together in a way that's contiguous or themed. It looks friggin' great!

There's nothing better than building killer shit!

Last edited:
Have you decided on the rear end gearing yet? Just a friendly suggestion - 4:11's are lots of fun for V-8 powered hotrod. Just sayin'! :)

You can change out the 3rd member pretty easily if you think it's too low - but, oh what fun......

Beautiful fabrication work - in addition to a master craftsmans hands, you have an eye for design, symmetry and just putting things together in a way that's contiguous or themed. It looks friggin' great!

There's nothing better than building killer shit!

Thank you. I appreciate all that.

It is 3.70 which is ok for daily driving. The factory specs on the motor are like 275tq/230hp. I'll be lucky if it breaks 300hp when I'm done because I'm not doing heads or head work. I think with the torque biased motor, it would be best to stick with the 3.70. Thoughts?

As far as design, I think that's what irks me the most about a lot of the other builds I see. A lot of people can weld metal together but there seems to be a sweeping lack of artistry in chassis design.

Some do it right though, like these guys:

Chassis By Aaron Iha - www.chassisbyaaroniha.com - www.chassisbyaaroniha.com

http://www.basskustom.com

Some of my inspirations...

Last edited:
3:70's will run great and probably do a little better on gas. But, the 4:11's are just fun! Get the tranny setup to shift nice and tight.

I don't know what you are doing for the rear end - stock setup with 3:70's? You can change the gearing pretty easily.

In town the 4:11's won't be much different with the gas mileage - on the highway crusing @ 65 it will be more of a noticeable difference.

I like low gears and the acceleration. That thing is going to run good either way.

It will look wicked baddass black. Probably nice with come chrome trim - bumpers, grill, headlamp frames, etc. Maybe even FORD on the tailgate in chrome letters.

One of my uncles had a ~1960 chevy stepside with a 389 Pontiac engine and automatic tranny with 4:11's in it - he used to let me drive it when I was in high school - lot's of fun it was!

Seeing your truck made me think back to the chevy and the 4:11 gear it sported. You're going to have a lot of fun with this project when it's finished.

Something like this only it was a mint green: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4deIqA3JurA sounded about the same.

Cheers to ya!

Last edited:
I have a bit of an aversion to chrome. Not completely but, a bit...
I was thinking a hint of retro look in the styling. If that's not for you that's not for you.

You'll figure all that out when the time comes for it. :cool:

Aaron Iha builds some SIC shit!!

man i cant wait to see this bitch done, laid out and dragging.

Back