Rich's Street/Rat F100 Build Thread

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

They say that but they don't cite is as a major design flaw, which I thought it would be considered...

Which I have. You will never see a panhard bar on anything I design.

I decided that this saturday I am going to chop the over the axle and back part of the notch off and drop it down about three inches. I realize in retrospect that I made it too tall and it has really bothered me ever since. This should reconcile that problem and look way better.

You're taking the whole notch down? Is that going to mean re-cutting and re-welding your tanks? And are you lifting the body at all, since you said it hangs over the frame?

ya im going to lower it lol. im going to reuse the rear and front sections. I am going to cut the front down, make a new center (over the axle) and reuse the rear, which will get angled up more then to allow more clearance when I lift the front only. If youve ever bagged a vehicle that will make sense.

Never done it, but I know what you're talking about. Angle up the rear so that when you're 'California Rollin' you don't drag the fuck out of the rear rails, right? Wanna come back to Ohio and build a caddy frame for me? lol

So ya shorter notch, more clearance in the rear, win win winning.

Moar:

041124.jpg

041125.jpg

041126.jpg

041127.jpg

041128.jpg

041129.jpg

041130.jpg

041131.jpg

Can't wait to shorten the notch. It is really bugging the shit out of me.

I was wondering why it was so high.

Nice build though, would love to get a mid to late 50s truck to tinker with.

Thanks. Ya I built it with a different mindset. It's only going to come down 2 inches but those 2 inches will make a huge difference...which is what she said btw.

Time for some candy. Really, pictures don't do this justice:

Krylon whites

051101.jpg

Freshly reconfigured frame:

051102.jpg

051103.jpg

051104.jpg

051105.jpg

I'm really happy with they way the new rear frame section came out. It looks a lot stealthier.

And I won these for $66 for the pair on Ebay, brand new...normally $175 a piece:

shocks-ssr.gif

I'm going to cut the gay black dust covers off as soon as they hit my doorstep.

They are branded as Superlift but are manufactured by Bilstein. They are remote reservoir with a 24" stainless hose. They are 23" fully extended and 14" collapsed.

They are front shocks, although I don't know what for. Although, in theory, the valving should be correct for an air bag, i.e. higher rebound than compression valving, so it is said.

It is kind of an experiment and they are not adjustable so if they don't work well, I'll just sell them to someone else. They will look hott as **** though.

Ya 6 or 7 years ago lol. How's that for gratitude.

F.U. Thanks for sticking it to me. I could have sold it. Unfortunately I had to sell my Z28 so I could survive.
By giving the Air Filter to you there is a connection to the
project. By the way you should use my Dad's clamps I gave you and include them in some photo's. Three generations involved in one project truck.

I was afraid to bring them to the shop. Everything that goes in there tends to get abused and ruined and they are way too nice.

Just for you I will use them when I build the front suspension.

Thanks! Just use them once and then bring them back home just so that there is a connection! Be well!!!

Back