Rita y0!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 22 2005, 03:18 PM
They're now saying it's gonna make landfall at about the TX/LA border, but given it's trajectory and behavior, I think it will slam right into the middle of LA.
[post=558718]Quoted post[/post]​

No wonder it's dying, the super secret government weather machine uses energy from the storm to change it's path! It's taking alot to steer it back into New Orleans :D

Originally posted by DarkHand+Sep 22 2005, 04:28 PM-->
Battle Pope
@Sep 22 2005, 03:18 PM
They're now saying it's gonna make landfall at about the TX/LA border, but given it's trajectory and behavior, I think it will slam right into the middle of LA.
[post=558718]Quoted post[/post]​

No wonder it's dying, the super secret government weather machine uses energy from the storm to change it's path! It's taking alot to steer it back into New Orleans :D
[post=558728]Quoted post[/post]​

Millions of texans are standing on the shore with "hick-engineered" leaf blowers.

most of them powered by nascar engines :ph34r:

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 22 2005, 04:47 PM
Millions of texans are standing on the shore with "hick-engineered" leaf blowers.
[post=558745]Quoted post[/post]​

Hey we bought a lot of dat der duck-tape. :angry:

grr...that puts dallas on the path...shitty timing...i was gonna change my EGR too so i could pass inspection.

Maybe the emissions stations will all blow away.

I bet the Lousiana DMV is fining people everyday for not getting their shit done. I know if CT had a natural disaster, they would continue sending out violations and suspending licences.

-> Steve

That's because CT DMV operates from a remote mountain lair.

Why the holy shit does it always have to be about colors?? Did I say anything about "let the black people die" Fuck you, man. Let the stupid people die, I don't fucking care what your skin color is.

On a lighter note, people are running out of gas around the houston area.. Dead cars everywhere. The gas stations that stayed open are mostly out of gas, and alot of them just closed down shop and left town.

Just got a call from my boss's son asking if I knew anyone that he could stay with on the outskirts of houston, he was trying to get out and flat ass ran out of gas.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 22 2005, 07:21 PM
Why the holy sh*t does it always have to be about colors?? Did I say anything about "let the black people die" F*ck you, man. Let the stupid people die, I don't f*cking care what your skin color is.
[post=558829]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Sep 22 2005, 09:19 AM-->
dallas is 5 hours inland. not 5 feet.
dallas will be fine.
some wind and rain sure, but i doubt even a roof comes off there.
[post=558371]Quoted post[/post]​

No, Dallas is still going to get hit pretty hard. Hopefully not though- I'm driving up to Dallas in the morning, and staying there until I fly out Monday morning. For now I'm focusing on securing the house and maintaining the car.

Originally posted by Celerity@Sep 22 2005, 09:23 AM
Texans are whole lot sturdier of a people than the predominantly haitian / gay populace in New Orleans.
[post=558377]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: :werd: :werd: :werd: :werd:

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 22 2005, 10:03 AM
We'll have an entire army of rednecks with shotguns and rifles shooting at it...

You know, if we were to pile up all the junk cars in texas along the shores, it would stop the hurricane dead in its tracks. I don't care if it was a cat 093284.2 It would be no match for the god-like collection of junk cars we have here.
[post=558413]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: and :werd:

pissedoffsol
@Sep 22 2005, 12:09 PM
wtf? east?

do you know your directions? florida is east....

if anything its going north west.
[post=558501]Quoted post[/post]​

No you dork- the PATH is moving east. The hurricane is obviously still moving NNW, but the projected path is moving east. What sucks is that now Rita is set to run its eye straight through Lufkin and Tyler. All the Houstonians that were told to evacuate to Tyler (Tyler is a main evacuation stop in Texas, Lufkin is 1 out of 6 TX evacuation hubs) are still going to be right in the path of the eye. At least they'll all be a little farther inland.

Shit- just driving about a quarter mile on the freeway feeder took me 10 minutes this evening, and I was just trying to get to a restaurant to meet up with some people for a beer and a snack. All the D cell batteries are sold out in town, all the bottled water and all the generators are gone, and the gas stations are selling off their entire supplies in 8 hour intervals. The stations that got filled up from tankers in the morning were empty by the afternoon. Thank goodness I got gas last night!

After I'm done posting, I'm off to work on the car and then pack up to leave in the morning. See you guys in a week or two. Hopefully all of us Texans will pull through.

Originally posted by phyregod@Sep 22 2005, 08:21 PM
Why the holy shit does it always have to be about colors?? Did I say anything about "let the black people die" Fuck you, man. Let the stupid people die, I don't fucking care what your skin color is.

On a lighter note, people are running out of gas around the houston area.. Dead cars everywhere. The gas stations that stayed open are mostly out of gas, and alot of them just closed down shop and left town.

Just got a call from my boss's son asking if I knew anyone that he could stay with on the outskirts of houston, he was trying to get out and flat ass ran out of gas.

:lol: Stupid people, this is a great way to thin the heard.

she just keeps loosing pressure...

the winds are still at 140mph, but the pressure is dropping like crazy.

THE LATEST MINIMUM CENTRAL PRESSURE REPORTED BY AN AIR FORCE
HURRICANE HUNTER AIRCRAFT WAS 917 MB...27.08 INCHES.

over 20 mili bars in the past 12 hours or so...

signs of weakening. i bet the second it hits land it drops to a cat 3, and by 100 miles in, its at best a cat 2.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM+Sep 22 2005, 11:00 PM-->
@Sep 22 2005, 08:21 PM

:lol: Stupid people, this is a great way to thin the heard.
[post=558924]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

path.0923.5am.jpg

winds are down again... 130-ish... milibars are still climbing. this thing is dying faster than an old guy with a broken hip

Sucks we closed the shop because of this thing, and now it is going somewhere else. Pussy storm.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Sep 23 2005, 09:15 AM
Wow. If it follows that course it will track right through Lufkin.

Stay safe Mike, Wil, and that one other guy.
[post=559174]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks. I'm headed out soon.

Back