s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ha maybe... i love them they hit soo hard... in my other truck at least... dont have a radio in the s10 right now though... should be here in a couple days...

I like the acoustics in extended cab trucks. The right combos sound really good.

gonna have some pretty good progress today... i got my seats in and my cd player is scheduled to come in today heres pics of the seats...

1021091310a.jpg

1021091310.jpg

The seats look pretty good. So what are you going for in this truck? Do you want go fast, look cool, kampfy as hell, what?

What's top priority though? I mean, everyone wishes their vehicle would perform like a Bugatti, ride like a Buick, have the trunk space of a Lincoln, and the dependability of a Honda.

well i got the cd player but of course im getting no power to it and all the speaker wires are different colors than what they should be

well i got the cd player but of course im getting no power to it and all the speaker wires are different colors than what they should be

thats easy to find out. I think blue is the power on the speakers. I'll see if i can find some schematics.

power is easy too. I'm sure you have a blown fuse under there. It should be a 10amp. If not just run a fused constant from the battery and a ignition wire,also fused from anywhere under the fuse panel.

you dont have a harness or anything?

i got it figured out i just ran 2 different wires from the fuse box, 1 with constant power so it doesnt reset every time i turn it on and one off the radio fuse... then i didnt feel like screwing with the speakers on it so i just pulled the 2 6x9's out of my other truck and put them in there and it actually sounds pretty good :thumbsup:

and there was no harness because the radio was stolen before i got and i guess it was ripped out then... but im about to take it to our mechanic to figure out the speedo i think the sensor went bad cuz the odometer quit working at the same time... would that be the sensor?

my mechanic said it was the sensor and he said about $40 installed so i think i will take it over there this weekend at some point... but anyway heres pics of my cd player and my subs and speakers:

1023091252.jpg

1023090036.jpg

Ive got a head unit a lot like that. Mines the DEH-4600 or 4500, somethin like that.

I have never found a head unit I really liked. When I do mine, I'm going to do a steel dash, and tuck the radio up in something that looks like an ashtray. I'd put it in the glove box, but that's where the air heater fan is going. I'll either leave it bare or put an old AM/FM radio in sight.

well i wish they wouldnt have discontinued the alpine one i have in my other truck... its the CDE-9872 i like it a lot and would pawn my current one off for another any day...

Back