s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

if you can find my house lol and i might screw it to the floor after that comment... its currently sitting at my dads work which im a little worried about but he said nobodys car has been broken into that he knows of... and dark window tint would do the trick so they couldnt see it

Id create some sort of protection. Anything to deter them. If they cant easily get what they want after a couple minutes its usually enough.

well around here its not a problem at all people leave their keys in their ignitions at school and around town and no problem just if i go somewhere bigger it may be

okay, so im tired of my busted up center console and want something different... i wanna make one and im in need of some ideas for it... anybody seen one in a first gen. s10? i want to have a phone holder and an ipod holder that acts as a dock that goes to my cd player... i need some ideas!!!

Something that runs from the dash to the back, but I guess you have a club cab... Idk that's why I prefer the regular cab.

no just one thats about stock size just with different features on it im drawing one up now ill post pics of it in a few when im finished

heres the pics... the original in in a screwy format to what im used to i need to re-draw it

1025090125a.jpg

new design:

1025090125.jpg

let me know what you think... also what material should i use?

I havent done a whole lot of it. Its not too bad, just time consuming to do right. You've got to be patient and lay it right or it'll take you twice as long to sand smooth and apply the finishing touches.

okay so what are all of the materials and tools i would need to do it? and i also want to glass some kicker tweeters and maybe some 4" speakers into it but the tweeters for sure im drawing that sketch now

thanks man that should help a lot if thats the route i go... what's the next best thing i could do? like particle board wrapped in vinyl or another material or what?

well i went ahead and started on this tonight and got the structure pretty much done minus a couple pieces of wood, the actual holders for the cup holders the ipod/ phone dock and wrapping it... im gonna have it professionally done by a local person... here are the pics of it as it is right now:

1025091941.jpg

1025092115.jpg

and im wondering if i should mount some tweeters on there? what do you guys think???

I think it's pretty sweet. Maybe a couple tweeters right down by the ass or something, but def. not necessary. What are you wrapping it in?

Unless you have a wide angle tweeter with a really good eyeball mount you are not going to get very good imaging from the angled portion of the console. I would look into kick panels or up on the dash somewhere as a better option.

i wouldnt put tweeter in there. Also i hope you plan on sanding or planing those edges. :D

Since you did all of it in wood i would cover it all in glass and sand it smooth. The wrap it in vinyl.

Buy some inserts for the cupholders that way you have a trim ring.

my box in my 03 sierra looked like that with my sub firing back. :lol:

im going to sand it down real good i know that but i want to avoid glassing it because it seems pretty expensive to do right and its time consuming... but i wanted to get it wrapped in suede, and hat could i put in there besides the ipod dock/ holder?

tv screen! :lol:

its reallt cheap to glass it. You could have it all done in one day. Only reason i say glass it is because you dont have to worry about any loose parts. No water damage, AND if your going to wrap it in suade it would make for a better smother shaping.

wrap it in cloth, spread resin over it, sand it, wrap it in suade and badda bing! :lol:

Back