s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

would the stuff from wal mart be okay or not? i've read its hard to work with...

okay... so i think to sum it up on glassing so i have it straight correct me if i'm wrong:

sand the wood down
stretch fleece over entire thing
apply resin
place mat
another layer of resin
sand down and fill low spots if needed

is that about it?

okay... so i think to sum it up on glassing so i have it straight correct me if i'm wrong:

sand the wood down
stretch fleece over entire thing
apply resin
place mat
another layer of resin
sand down and fill low spots if needed

is that about it?

yes but you dont have to lay down mat if you dont want to. The Mat is to give it strength. You dont need it since it a solid peice.

just apply resin to make the fleece hard and then sand down with a 40 or 80grit to get rid of the high bumps. If you want to make some curves or fill in some uneven spots just apply bondo and sand som more.

best part is you dont need it 320 grit smooth since it going to get covered.

go check out jo-ann fabrics. they have some pretty nice vinyl.

ohh and have a blow dryer ready to warm it up so it can stretch easily. your prolly going to need an end cap for the front and back unless you know how to wrap.

(its not hard at all)

ugh... the speed sensor didnt fix my problem so its back to the gps for speed now... hopefully i can get it fixed sometime... on the plus side i think im getting the stuff for my console tonight...

thanks, damn suede is expensive... its like $40- $45/ sq. yd. so im getting the fake suede that the lady said looks just like it

probably but i wanted something fabric

i also got some cup holders that MAY work i gotta cut them up some and see if i can make them look good, if not idk where to look???

probably but i wanted something fabric

i also got some cup holders that MAY work i gotta cut them up some and see if i can make them look good, if not idk where to look???

Hardware store? Get a little bit of aluminum maybe and cut bend and solder them up into cup holders?

yeah i may try at one this weekend... i also finished a rough lookin box that i plan on puttin a 10 in and addin to the truck maybe to see how it sounds...

Just a suggestion, but get a small sheet of aluminum, cut a ring about a half inch thicker than your cup holder, then cut your diameter out of the middle, then cut a strip, and bend it to where it will be rounded with your cup holder, and touch both rings, and solder them all together in that fashion. As for covering, maybe go to a carpet remnants place and get burbur(sp?) Remnant, and cover it in that, or even factory carpeting on the sides and something else on top?

maybe go to a carpet remnants place and get burbur(sp?) Remnant, and cover it in that, or even factory carpeting on the sides and something else on top?
:eek: Are you suggesting he brings back the shag interior look?

This is Berber:
Carpet_Berber_closeup.jpg

I vote :no2:

Back