s10???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

mmmm.... 240sx... i want one... with an sr20det or sr20dett :ph34r:

but i wont get one for a loooonnnngggg time lol

it was good meeting up with efhondakid and 92stoccord. it was good times for sure! there were more vehicles that showed up sunday at the show....such as a Skyline i saw leaving the show on my way to go watch the car and truck limbo. the orange chop top Isuzu/S-10 won the truck limbo and a white static dropped Del Sol won the car limbo. i had a good time and pics will be posted soon.

man i wanted to go... i am for sure next year... who knows i might even show my truck by then... but idk im gettin the window tomorrow, then i gotta figure out the taillight issues that just magically popped up when i put my bed back on... that should be fun... not

okay, so i got the window $35 from a junk yard it was already taken out, and i got my taillights workin it needed all new bulbs and had a bad ground.... so here in a week or 2 ill have it on the road :)

fo sho on the 350... At least get a 305. Slap a TPI setup on there. If I commit to the new edelbrock EFI setup maybe Ill even sell you my Holley Stealth Ram off my 355'd Camaro.

Last edited:

If i had the money thats what would do.

easy bolt on kits (swap has been so many times)

Improved HP AND increase MPG. I cant get over 250 miles to a tank out of my POS 2.8. Its too little,no gearing and too old to be efficient. :D

It doesnt help that it now has to haul and extra 150lbs or so with my amps,box and sub. :ph34r:

I believe that to be the 305. The chevy 3800 is a good motor too.

no way man. 305 AND 3800 are good motors. My cousing had a limitied edition firebird/trans am 5 speed w/ 305. that thing hauled ass. Even after its abuse and torture it still ran

i think the reason they discontinued that 2.8 motor was because of it poor oiling system.

Last edited:
The 305 is definetly a good motor. Even my TBI was a torque monster. That thing took so much abuse that I threw at it. Swapping rear ends from the 2.73 open diff to a 02' SS 3.42 posi and throwing on C5 D windows rims wrapped in Nitto 555s were what did it in. That and the 200k miles on it along with a slipping trans. I think I just needed new valve seals from revving the shit out of it and launching at most lights but I was ready to step up anyway. If you wanna try something different find an early Ecotec 2.2L. And turbo that sum'bitch!

well i think i've pretty much decided to build my 4.3 in it when i get money, so i dont have to buy the conversion or anything

The 4.3 vortecs kick ass my mom had a 94 astro with a vortec and a 700r4 and she smoked a dude in a v8 dakota with a 340 v8 and 5-speed he followed us and asked if we swaped in a LT1,when she said no it's just a v6 he was shocked.

You can pick up a 5.3 liter out of a truck complete for 500 bucks. Thats with an ECU. Get some 4.8 pistons out of a junk yard and toss them in to bump the compression. Buy the mounts, throw it in, have a mid pipe made for the exhaust, and your sittin at ~280 horse for about a grand. From there, typical bolt on shit and you can make 400 horse N/A with the stock bore and stroke 5.3 no problem. Or just throw a turbo on it and boost it to ~400 horse. The 4.8/5.3 have the best blocks for boost cuz theyre iron, and they have super thick cylinder walls. The stock crank is good for about 800 horse, rods and piston start to get iffy at about 400. Its the cheap way to have a fast S10.

If you REALLY want to keep the 4.3, spray and pray. They do well with nitrous, so spray the shit out of it.

Again newbs on top of it. I was going to suggest the 5.3 in my last post but got caught up in Camaro memories. The 5.3 even hauls ass in my dads Tahoe.

well if im gonna go v8 im puttin what i already have access to in it, i could get a balanced and blueprinted 350 out of a boat or a 305 all for next to nothing from my grandpa.

here's an updated pic of it:

1006091720.jpg

i want your back glass. :lol:

good luck with it man, that rust looks horrible but nothing out of the ordinary for alot of s-10's

Back