Saturday's car shopping

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

It's still pretty damn fast, and it's a hell of an impressive package from a dealership floor, especially considering the amount you pay. At least you get a bulletproof transmission with it. :thumbsup:

first time I saw an STi at a dealer, i looked at the tires and said YEAH... Those MIGHT go 20mph in the snow.... Downhill.... with the ABS locking up... LOL!!

yup. that was pretty much how they were. lol accel was ok. breaking was none. control was none. lol

these are the tires by the way, for those of you who don't know.

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?ti...l=Potenza+RE070

bs_potenza_re70_ci2_l.jpg

Thops dont look like the tires they had on the one i looked at here in San Diego. Do you think they might put different tires on here on the west coast? the salesman told me the tires on it usually last people only about 10-15k miles cause they are so soft.

on another note, hopefully i will b gettin a scoobie this year too, but only a WRX. i dont got the cash for an STi. either this fall when i get back from training for the marine corps, or if i deploy in the fall to iraq, i will be buying one cash when i return, either way thats my next car for sure. I saw an '02 wrx for sale at a dealership the other day for 11995. seems way too low, but i dont know.

seems about right. the wrx lost a lot of re-sale value when the sti came out.

as for the tires, i'm pretty sure those are OEM on the sti. the wrx has differnt crap tires though. the insight comes with the same ones. lol

So what are you looking at for tires? Year round ones? If so, I'd say go with the Falken Ziex ZE512's. I ran them year round on my Accord and they pretty good in the snow and still had quite the traction doing auto-x.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Feb 21 2005, 03:30 PM
seems about right. the wrx lost a lot of re-sale value when the sti came out.

as for the tires, i'm pretty sure those are OEM on the sti. the wrx has differnt crap tires though. the insight comes with the same ones. lol
[post=464020]Quoted post[/post]​

yea i started lookin at em and yea those are the same tires i saw, i thought it was funny that the guy said they wear out after that many miles. he did say they are hella sticky though

those are different b... Maybe they changed the tires for '05?

all 05s have them.

theres a TON of changes between the 04 and 05 models. hell, the wheel bolt pattern isn't even the same. 04's are 5x100, 05's are 5x144.3

its burried in snow. lol you all know what wrx's look like. its bone stock. go to subaru.com. lol

why is there a hint of horse shit in the air??

im pretty damn sure you have a camera phone, go use it!

he doesnt have a camera phone he has the nextel i730
and ive seen it 3 times now
looks exactly like a blue 05 sti

Back