should i buy this type r?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you have a 2000 Type R motor laying there, and you want to buy a RHD JDM ITR?

Edit: And you know you can hit edit up there and edit a post, instead of posting 928390238 times in a row. :tardcart:

Originally posted by NoJokE@Jan 4 2004, 06:57 PM
So you have a 2000 Type R motor laying there, and you want to buy a RHD JDM ITR?

Edit: And you know you can hit edit up there and edit a post, instead of posting 928390238 times in a row. :tardcard:

He probably means a USDM ITR...

Well whatever, he should NOT buy the car, and get an EG or an EK shell and drop his ITR motor in that, and save a couple grand over buying another car and still having the motor laying there.

Originally posted by NoJokE@Jan 4 2004, 07:02 PM
Well whatever, he should NOT buy the car, and get an EG or an EK shell and drop his ITR motor in that, and save a couple grand over buying another car and still having the motor laying there.

True dat. Buy like an EK hatch and drop the ITR engine in that. you'll be toasting people left and right.

buy an old 87 CRX si...and that will really be a better combo....

ITR eng, proper LSD, stiff torsion bars, and the light weight chassis will fly. It's a hell of a swap, but it's been done. And if boost knocks on the door, then that would be a hot little scooter.....

who cares about looks? Buy like a 98 EK Hatch and pull the engine, drop in the ITR. Just make it look stock.

look to spend between 16-20k depending on the condition of the vehicle, modifications done and the location.

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jan 4 2004, 07:08 PM
who cares about looks?

Please, dont kid yourself. Everyone here cares how their car looks. Unless you go mud-bogging in your Jeep or Truck or something, you care how your car looks.

Anyway, to make an EG or EK hatch look good, some nice 15" wheels, with a good 1.5" to 2" drop, and a nice paint job.

make it look clean....paint job, etc....slam it on some gsr wheels...NO BODYKITS! drop the ITR swap in and have a fast lil ride...

Originally posted by NoJokE+Jan 4 2004, 07:13 PM-->
revolution8k
@Jan 4 2004, 07:08 PM
who cares about looks?

Please, dont kid yourself. Everyone here cares how their car looks. Unless you go mud-bogging in your Jeep or Truck or something, you care how your car looks.

Anyway, to make an EG or EK hatch look good, some nice 15" wheels, with a good 1.5" to 2" drop, and a nice paint job.

See now, you misinterpreted that... I meant keep it clean and stock looking, don't put wings and body kits and shit on it.

Personally i love the EK hatchs...but i just happen to have an eg at the moment...just lower it a lil and put some nice wheels on it w/ maybe some tint...maybe... fast lil ride that looks sweet b/c of the low milage hatch you just bought ..(hint hint) ;)

but if the question is buy a certain type r..get a digi pic of it and post it! just my .02

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back