should i buy this type r?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
check th eFAQ's

<-----getting drunk...time for bed

u dont need a 2500 kit, and 19s on a honda is insane, I had 18s and they rubbed BAD couldnt wait to get rid of them (ricer days). Don't bother on performance as you seem to be way more interested in looks. Don't waste your money on a type R either, buy an LS and waste ur money on show items, then when u realize that its never going to get u anywhere drop the b18c5 in there.

you havent seen the 12 piece have you? ITS insane!! i dont even like the crx, but that kit is bad as shit!! check out autotrader.com and look for 01 prelude under 30000 miles for $19800 and blue. its mine.

How about you buy what ever the fuck you want. Why are you asking us if you should buy it when you haven't told us shit about the the type r. Look at sites like kbb.com, etc and classified ads online to get a range of what type r's are going for.

i dont really know much about it yet. its 100 miles away. i figured you guys would know if its wrth driving to look at. im just conjfused on which route to take. if someone would buy my type r motor i wouldnt have this problem. id be buyin a nsx!

you havent seen the 12 piece have you? ITS insane!! i dont even like the crx, but that kit is bad as shit!!

So your going to buy a car because of a kit they make...Not smart

You want to put 19s on a car that would have to be modified to fit...Not smart

You have 11 grand and you want to waste it on a show car...Not smart

Your asking people that are interseted in the performance aspect of a car to help you decide what car to make a show car...Not smart

I told you, the money your going to waste on SHOW is going to do nothing for you, if you sell it you wont get half of what you paid. The car is gonna end up looking like ass and people like me hating you because your a ricer (I'm a recovering ricer).

Your probably some kid with plenty of money, heres some advice if you have to have something that looks like performance IYO than have something to back it up.

no im not some kid with money. ive been down both roads before. i just want something to stand out and be crazy fast. everyone wants that!!

your probably right about the waste of money thing though. i dont know what to do. should i just keep the lude? i cant spend any more on it though. and i cant let this b18c5 just sit either. could you?!

A salvaged title isn't good.

In my state, to get it drivable even if it is in perfect condition, you have to go to state inspection, and have them check all vins, and all parts that were reported hurt, to make sure they are OEM fit. Then you have to go through a shitload of papers and, then you get whatis called a re-built title, which looks like shit if you ever attempt to sell the car again becuase, they'll know you fucked the mofo up if someone deemed it totaled and you bought it back.

ohhh. thats how it works. thanks for the info. i found a 98 type r with 19000 miles for $13000. knew something was sour

Sell the lude, buy a 92-95 hatch, put some nice 15"-16" rotas on it, some nice lips and tint, paint it SI blue, drop the b18c5 in it. And with the extra cash make it "crazy fast" with a nice turbo setup.

im not going to have this post go on forever. so i should go with a swap and try to get what i want from it or i should buy a 97 type r for the same price and chill with my motor as a back up

Get a damned EG or EK shell, drop in the motor and be FASTER then what you would be in the '97 Type R. Get some nice rims, a 2" drop, a nice paint job, and THAT will cost you less then an Integra Type R.

Like i said 2903847398 posts ago.

Edit: This is insanity, how did this turn into 4 pages? :wtf:

Hatches may be everywhere, but nicely swapped hatches that are crazy fast aren't. Go with the EG, then stick the C5 in there. You'll be happy, I promise. How much do you want for the motor? That is if you don't sell it?

Or you could by a 96' EK, which was my first love... They are the best looking hatches.

[/Insert ATTENTION WHORE.jpg]

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Jan 4 2004, 10:44 PM
[/Insert ATTENTION WHORE.jpg]

s3f8b5b92641a4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back