sigh... another build thread. but this one will also end without epicness

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

the only reason i am going to register the car is so i dont have to trailer it to the track. pretty much ill be driving it to the track and back and sometimes on the weekend. im just going to daily drive my fit. fastbrakes sent me the wrong rotors. i was supposed to get slotted dimpled AND the tapered holes didnt match up to the holes on the hub so now i have to send them back to FB and they work slower than molasses in a shitstorm.

Do another test spray with the VHT, but lay it on THICK. I mean 4x what you normally would with regular spray paint. Do one coat vertical, thick! then one coat horizontal, thick! then another coat Diagonal, thick again! Only allow 5 minutes between coats. Thick is the key here. VHT is awesome stuff when you do it right. Try it on a scrap of metal or something. Humidity must also be below 60%

Do another test spray with the VHT, but lay it on THICK. I mean 4x what you normally would with regular spray paint. Do one coat vertical, thick! then one coat horizontal, thick! then another coat Diagonal, thick again! Only allow 5 minutes between coats. Thick is the key here. VHT is awesome stuff when you do it right. Try it on a scrap of metal or something. Humidity must also be below 60%

yea i just may do that. i love how the test cross beam looked, but i am going to end up using an extra 5 cans of vht on the cage. painting circular beams with a textured coating is difficult. a 6 inch fan of spray has to fit into places that i only have about an inch or two of clearance is not an easy task. it needs alot of coverage and the overspray is killing me.

i was originally going to run an ITB setup, but ive been looking into it and it would cost about the same for the supercharger. also, a supercharger would be a hell of alot more reliable and the cost to power is there.

Yea ITBs are sexy, but there's no replacement for BOOST!

if anyone spots just the blower for sale let me know. i can get the alternator pulley, belt and injectors somewhere else. i just need the actual supercharger.

oh btw, i got my full race traction bar in, put the volks on the car and its sitting pretty. now i need to find a rack and pinion. kinda hard to find a manual steering rack for the crx. no one makes them anymore.

if anyone spots just the blower for sale let me know. i can get the alternator pulley, belt and injectors somewhere else. i just need the actual supercharger.

oh btw, i got my full race traction bar in, put the volks on the car and its sitting pretty. now i need to find a rack and pinion. kinda hard to find a manual steering rack for the crx. no one makes them anymore.

Hit ebay! There is one guy that gives a 100% guarantee on his racks. I got one for my teggy. They are used, but if anything is wrong with them he will send you another. And he really will, the first one he send me was shit.. Had another in hand in 3 days.

Hit ebay! There is one guy that gives a 100% guarantee on his racks. I got one for my teggy. They are used, but if anything is wrong with them he will send you another. And he really will, the first one he send me was shit.. Had another in hand in 3 days.

haha yea thats exactly what i did. found a guy on ebay that rebuilds them. paid 250 for it. he seems pretty legit because after i paid for it, he wrote me and asked what make and model year my car was so he sent me the right one out for sure. i also pulled the trigger on a jrsc :D

heres some more updated pictures. full race traction bar was a bitch and a half to get in.

DSCN1027.jpg

DSCN1031.jpg

Back