so i woke up the morning with a hacking cough

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I really dont think you should call any programs to quit smoking worthless... Just because you were not able to have success with them does not mean others didnt as well... or better yet... You just said you returned them. Thats right, bash on something you've never tried... Smart.

Originally posted by Callidus@Sep 13 2005, 12:14 PM
B, this is my wisdom. You need a girlfriend that will bitch at you every time you smoke because she doesn't wanna kiss that cigarette mouth of yours. :thumbsup:
[post=553737]Quoted post[/post]​

yea, that doesn't work I have had several girlfriends that would bitch at me for smoking, one of them even tried to hold out on sex untill I quit and she couldn't last 2 days with out sex.

B keep up the good work on being smoke free, your best bet is find something to keep you busy and keep your mind off smoking, and try to stay away from your friends that smoke for a couple of days

day2. called out of work today.... sick as hell :(
still smoke free.

Good job, i want to quit , but i love smoking.
Me+Marlboro= teh sex.
My GF smokes too, easier to not quit i guess.
Actually, everyone in my family smokes... im only on year 6.
Once i quit cold turkey, and i hated the smell and taste too, then i smoked a newport and it tasted good, and well i love smoking, smoking is great.
Good job B, take a mental smoke break-> "This cigarette is better than that one i had after waiting 8 hours for the dickhead to get me my freaking carton of meatloaf off the shelf."
"I no longer want to stab everything that moves, i am just going to stare into the sunset and remember that smoking 1 pack per day is $1700 per year.
That $1700 could go towards the purchase of 566 gallons of gas.
566 gallons of gas in my car will allow me to drive 6,800 miles" :p
Seriously, if i quit today, i would put $5 per day into a jar, and next september i would buy myself a FHUCXING TRUBO KITT OMG WTL FOL1!1!ONEeleventwelvethirteen!111

i used to smoke back in days when i was like 12. haha smoked until i was lik 15 and got tired of it. made me stink and tired from running. one day i just decide to quit and havent had any since then, except when im REALLY drunk. like wtf, why do people smoke when theyre drunk???? everyone i know that gets toasted has at least tried smoking even if theyve never smoked in their life. oh well.

just hit urself everytime u fien. bahaha. negative reinforcement.

Good job, man.. keep it up!!

And go to sleep. Sleep is your friend!

Originally posted by formby@Sep 13 2005, 10:10 AM
B...i was a new port smoker since the tender age of 15....i also smoke pot....any way..about 5 weeks ago i decided i ws not giving in to the sweet nicotine anymore...
i would suggest that you atleast try and slow down...maybe a pack a week....soon enough youll forget about it.....atleast i hope so..smoking is bad...and now you say"oh ill die anyway"......well cancer is a painful death and your whole family will suffer.....

buy the gum!!! its nasty but so are your dirty lungs.....
[post=553637]Quoted post[/post]​

hrm... I'm UP to a pack every two days. Fuck it. We're all gonna die sometime, I don't have kids, so I doubt I'm going before my parents. Nope, nobody'll care. :p

Oh and newports suck ass. Too harsh. Marlboro menthol or Kools for me. So smoooth.

menthol suck :thumbsdown:

and i'm going on 3 days... and its weird what i can taste... i had an oilve tonight, and i was like wtf? are these bad? i could actually taste it... heh

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 14 2005, 09:58 PM
menthol suck :thumbsdown:

and i'm going on 3 days... and its weird what i can taste... i had an oilve tonight, and i was like wtf? are these bad? i could actually taste it... heh
[post=554729]Quoted post[/post]​

Pleh. I want to taste something... and I don't want it to taste like charcoal.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 14 2005, 11:04 PM
it hasn't been hard at all, really...
[post=554732]Quoted post[/post]​

Then why has it taken you so long to man up and quit? :lol:

No seriously, it's all in your mind. You can't quit unless you truely want to quit. If you have the slightest doubt in your mind, you'll never make it.

Originally posted by K2e2vin@Sep 14 2005, 09:36 PM
:thumbsup: keep it up.
[post=554793]Quoted post[/post]​

+1 Yeah congrats man, your making the right decision :) .

Originally posted by dveit+Sep 14 2005, 11:53 PM-->
Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 14 2005, 11:04 PM

No seriously, it's all in your mind. You can't quit unless you truely want to quit. If you have the slightest doubt in your mind, you'll never make it.
[post=554771]Quoted post[/post]​

mostly, because i'm lazy... and well, "i enjoy smoking" excuses...

Originally posted by Bl6CRX@Sep 15 2005, 01:18 AM
K2e2vin
@Sep 14 2005, 09:36 PM
:thumbsup: keep it up.
[post=554793]Quoted post[/post]​

+1 Yeah congrats man, your making the right decision :) .
[post=554806]Quoted post[/post]​

thx for the support guys

Originally posted by neonmike@Sep 15 2005, 08:25 AM
werd man i wish i had your willpower to quit
[post=554849]Quoted post[/post]​

you do. its really not that hard man...

Originally posted by dveit+Sep 14 2005, 10:53 PM-->
pissedoffsol
@Sep 14 2005, 11:04 PM

[post=554771]Quoted post[/post]​

Its one of the hardest changes to make, its a lifestyle change. Its not just one activity that he's quitting, he's quitting all those smoke breaks, always having a ciggerette in his mouth, one of the ways he knows how to soothe himself and deal with stress, and so on and so forth.

There's NOTHING good in smoking, as peachy as anyone might want it to sound. I've never heard of anyone on their death bad saying, "boy I'm glad that I smoked all my life."

B, I think Celerity wasn't trying to be a prick but realistic. Its VERY hard to change a lifestyle. I encounter people constantly that want to look better naked that go on fad diets constantly. They just want the here and now and don't understand that many, many, things are going to have to change in order to obtain their goal.

So its always that I give advice, give a diet, give a routine, and next thing I know they quit. Its just how it is.

If you can quit and can quit for good, more power to you. Its mind over matter.

B, I think Celerity wasn't trying to be a prick but realistic.

When I was I being a prick? My PM box fills up so much with "I hate you" and "I wish you would die" pms that I lose count.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 13 2005, 11:31 AM
thanks for the usual lack of support steve.  i knew i could count on you to be a total fucking fuck face
[post=553692]Quoted post[/post]​

OH... yeah, didn't read that. Enjoying your smoke-free lifestyle there Gandhi ?

I can take that sort of treatment from any of the Hater's Club member, But a friend ? Wow.

Back