srt4 vs a wrx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The beauty of all wheel drive. :) I'd be curious to know the mods on both cars though.

"Teh SRT-4 can never lose!!!" ROTFL

the wrx has a full axel back exhaust an up pipe a boost controler mainly the boost fell off and it keeps 15 psi threw all gears

the srt4 has a full exhaust and better tires

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Sep 20 2005, 11:59 AM
the srt4 has a full exhaust and better tires
[post=557096]Quoted post[/post]​

didnt look like it had better tires :p

Can you really win from the driver calling out the count though ? I have yet to beat someone when they call the launch. Green lights or flaggers are the only way to be fair.

WRX mods

-4" bellmouth 3" Helix non cated downpipe
-3" catback exhaust
-gutted up pipe
-manual boost controller
-blow off valve

SRT4 mods

-tires
-catback
-mopar bov
-boost controller

fun race

I think it would have been very close if they went from a roll. It's hard to race a 4wd from a dig...

Race again from a 30mph roll or something...

Hmmm..... Not to thread jack or anything but I raced an SRT4 in my friends Mustang. It's an '86 foxbody but it was converted to look like a '93. It has complete flowmaster exhaust, mack headers, and a shift kit. Anyway... I raced one of those SRT4's and I wasn't aware that they were anything special. I regarded them the same way I thought of the neon R/T's, polished turds. So we raced and I beat it by about the same distance as that WRX, which suprised me because I didn't imagine it would be able to keep up whatsoever. After seeing this video I guess I'll have to look up the specs on em. I suppose that gives me a little more respect for my friends mustang. I always thought it was a pooch. I just happened to be picking it up from the shop for em. It had a new starter put in it.

Back