the beater quest

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i hate trucks. i hate everything about them. driving them, parking them, wasting gas in them, blah. they do nothing for me.

if i need a truck THAT bad, i got plenty of friends who have them that I can borrow, including my old man.

driving 100 miles a day in a truck... i'd rather kill myself i think. not my idea of a fun commute flapping arounf the highway in a vehicle looser than taylor rain's ass

I love my Hardbody. It's infinitely more useful than the CRX, that's for sure! 20mpg no matter how I badly I beat up on it, and it gets 24mpg on the highway. It's also tight enough to chase Miatas through the Austin twisties.

Obviously you aren't the only person who lives up there, what does everyone else up there drive? All suv's and 4wd trucks? By the way, are there any websites that take your car, location, and price requests and make it happen? I would think there's a market for that. The thing I keep thinking here is you probably aren't alone man.

most people don't live on top of mountains :p and for that, normal snow tires, or even all seasons, can get you by on a fwd car.

but straight up, i'm parking the M3, have no use/desire for a truck, and would prefer something awd... the quest is like te 5th crusade

I love my Hardbody. It's infinitely more useful than the CRX, that's for sure! 20mpg no matter how I badly I beat up on it, and it gets 24mpg on the highway. It's also tight enough to chase Miatas through the Austin twisties.

My Pathfinder gets 15 mpg, regardless of where I am or what I'm doing.

too many miles for that price....

most, i think its, 94-98 suby's had a hg problem (correct if im wrong), my brother had a subaru legacy wagon, at about 70k the hg was close to blowing... good thing he had it changed right when he bought it, you should of seen it...

I know nothing about the older forester/legacy line but I do know that Subaru became known for popped headgaskets on the engine that was in the 1998 Impreza 2.5RS. It was the first year production and the only year to get a DOHC engine. After the problem with headgaskets, they had a manufacturers recall/warranty that replaced those gaskets and switched over to SOHC.

Like I said, I don't know about the other cars, but most '98 's should have new headgaskets in them.

i figure, a car with a 120k or so... its either had the head gasket replaced, or its not going to pop. one or the other.

welp, i think i found her :)

90 Alltrac
200k on chassis
85k on jdm motor swap done 1 year ago.
all new brakes, axels, etc etc... new clutch the whole 9
2nd set of wheels w/ snows (perfect!)

owner moved to nyc so no longer needs a car.

if i can work shit out with the seller, should be mine this weekend

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 127
welp, i think i found her :)

90 Alltrac
200k on chassis
85k on jdm motor swap done 1 year ago.
all new brakes, axels, etc etc... new clutch the whole 9
2nd set of wheels w/ snows (perfect!)

owner moved to nyc so no longer needs a car.

if i can work shit out with the seller, should be mine this weekend

Looks like a nice find... :thumbsup:

Back