The beginning of BOOM

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

whatchya gonna do with all that junk... all that junk inside your trunk?

I've still never heard any better sounding system then an Infinity Kappa...components and subs....sounds like a symphony....

stock alternator can handle a lot if you're running the right gauge and caps

i had 1 JL Audio 10w3 subwoofer and a JL Audio 250/1 amp in my 90 Civic hatchback and that car was loud as loud. i had the gain on the amp 1/2 way up and was able to shake the pipes in the ceiling of a convenience store :)

[quote name='kaoskustoms'
oh and is that a snap on tool box i see in the back round?
[/quote]

yes it sure is

+2 for getting better subs. 2 jl 10w7 or even 10w6v2 will decimate the system you have planned.

p.s. +2 for building a system just cause a guy was talking shit.

here's what i say to people who talk shit about my car,
"yeah, it's ugly, wanna race?"

put your money into something more productive. or at least that will hold a little value, like a house or something.

I imagine a high grade battery will do the same thing as any capacitor can. Optimas draw low and hard.

It's all bottom line stuff. Kicker, JL, What have you. I have Infinity Reference in the Civic with the Infinity series 2 bandpass (Built in 200 watt digital amp with remote gain level) and I love it. But it's even high-low range audio gear. The NX is getting Kappa, but I have to match it to a Kappa or Reference amp to get the sound out of it. Kappa is considered mid-range.

For high end, brands you rarely hear of. Milbert-Quart, JBL, McIntosh, etc. Listening to these is absolutely phenomenal.

I have an Xplode headunit, 2 5.5" 2 ways in my doors, 2 5.5" 3 ways in the rear, and a 10" Pioneer sub in a basstube (with an amp obviously) and its more than loud enough for me and sounds pretty damn good

thats all I really have to say about stereo's

B&O doesn't do car, sorry. I mean name what you guys call high end car audio gear.

since when did kicker make somthing good they are made in mexico

kicker is th3y gh3y i would rock kraco before i ever bought anything else kicker.

if you think jl suckes you should buy some and try it also read what the whole audio buiss is saying about jl they all say it is quality product.

:werd: JL is far up there. Awsome products IMO, I had one 10" JL w6 pushing 400watts and it harder than any of my friends' 2 12 <insert brand name here>

JL :thumbsup: anyday

Quoted post[/post]]
B&O doesn't do car, sorry. I mean name what you guys call high end car audio gear.

Focal, DLS, Diamond, Zapco, Tru tech, Brax, Dynaudio, Morel, Rainbow. Uh..I'm getting tired of naming all of it. Things like Image Dynamics horns and subs. There's just too much stuff.

And let me tell you, JBL = Infinity. That is not a put down or a hand up. Its mid-level stuff. The only exceptional thing JBL has got going for it in car audio are the Crown amps - they are rediculous.

And JL=Pyle...We're still waiting for any kind of proof, but I'll agree they could be manufactured in the same plant in China/Korea. But thats how buildhouses work, companies design a product along with the manufacturer, get a sample, and then fix or move to production. Anyone that thinks JL is "bottom line" is comparing it to Pyle, Roadmaster, wal-mart junk and that's just plain wrong. I bet JL XR series components would make you think twice about your infinities (until you see the price tag :) ). But they are expensive because they have decent build, warranty, and performance.

You guys bitch like girls about car companies and vehicles, and its no different than your bias toward subs and amps.

BTW, I hope to see that box done soon. I plan on upgrading myself this spring. Should be plenty loud.

Back