Time to buy a new car

Which car should I buy?

• 2000 Golf 1

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ryans s2k is pimpest car here imo

i still say get the golf :p

and about him having rich parents....

yeah he does :p

dude prelude all the way. Those cars are soooo much nicer than those pos golfs. Prelude lowered with gunmetal rims and silver lip omg sexy. The lude can be made to be super quick, i would go with the lude 110%.

Well...yeah my parents are rich and i'm already paying 2.20 for premium on my gsx (have to run premium) but if i move out soon i doubt they will still help me pay for gas.

Anyway back to the topic, i guess i'll go test drive some 1.8Ts and see what i tink about them. I've read a lot of reveiws saying they have a lot of accessory failure but that the engine itself is very durable. But i guess you have to take everything witha grain of salt.

Also if i dont get the golf i'll go with a civic si hatchback. even if it is slower they look very similiar.

Also i'm going to say BS on the $500 dollar chip. That much hp/tq at the wheels...fucking electronic engine managment couldnt safely do that for you unless you have other mods.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal+Jun 4 2004, 03:48 PM-->
racintweek
@Jun 4 2004, 04:25 PM
either one 18t or vr6 needs premium petro

Well with gas prices the way they are... no way would my daily driver be a V6 and needing premium gas. Even tanking up the GS-R is painful.

my 350Z gets 30-32MPH when driving to work at a nice 60-65mph pace
on AVG it gets around 26-27mph if I play with it I get around 22-24mpg

not bad for 300HP V6

If you're worried about gas prices get a VW Golf TDI

also the build quality on the prelude is very bad VS any of the newer VWs

and as far as this boards pimpest car I think that would have to go to my old Audi =)

https://hondaswap.com/gallery/images/s3ff4c24872c01.jpg

Originally posted by caffeind@Jun 5 2004, 02:44 PM

Anyway back to the topic, i guess i'll go test drive some 1.8Ts and see what i tink about them. I've read a lot of reveiws saying they have a lot of accessory failure but that the engine itself is very durable. But i guess you have to take everything witha grain of salt.

VWs as with most any other cars have their problems

that is why you buy the car WITH a warrenty =)

your audi is nice, but i still like ryans s2k :p

hondaswap's pimpest car ever was jeff's audi.

and dont get a prelude. preludes suck. i want another civic.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 5 2004, 03:44 PM
hondaswap's pimpest car ever was jeff's audi.

and dont get a prelude. preludes suck. i want another civic.

Quiet, n00b. :)

You didn't know Ryan, with his SC black S2k, with matching RSX-S.

ryans2k? i was here then....

he had an evo8 too, if i remember correctly.....

i still liked jeffie's audi, though.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 5 2004, 03:57 PM
ryans2k? i was here then....

he had an evo8 too, if i remember correctly.....

i still liked jeffie's audi, though.

I don't think he had an EVO...2 litre EG did, it was silver.

Im still diggin the 350 more then the S2000 =)

people also like the 350Z more then the Audi atlest from what I've seen

but the audi being slamed was just pimp!

S2000 is a nice car but eh as I always put it I could have bought one but went with the Z cough cough =) I could not be more happy

s40bea34b668b9.jpg

Originally posted by jeffie7+Jun 5 2004, 02:54 PM-->
Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@Jun 4 2004, 03:48 PM
racintweek
@Jun 4 2004, 04:25 PM
either one 18t or vr6 needs  premium petro

Well with gas prices the way they are... no way would my daily driver be a V6 and needing premium gas. Even tanking up the GS-R is painful.

my 350Z gets 30-32MPH when driving to work at a nice 60-65mph pace
on AVG it gets around 26-27mph if I play with it I get around 22-24mpg

not bad for 300HP V6

and as far as this boards pimpest car I think that would have to go to my old Audi =)

how the hell do you have 300 hp?

Originally posted by revolution8k@Jun 5 2004, 04:50 PM

not bad for 300HP V6

how the hell do you have 300 hp?

287HP stock I have an exhaust as with JWT Pop charger

I've seen a few dyno sheets showing anyhwere from 8-11WHP out of the ehxaust and 6WHP from the pop charger "stock exhust sucks intake is not AS bad but still is not very good"

if I fallow the dyno charts thats 16WHP in a RWD car thats more like 20HP at the flywheel so should have about 307hp but even tho I've seen a couple dyno charts proving the gains "from random people not just the companies" I still find it hard to believe so I just figure 300hp

13HP gain at the flywheel from intake and exhuast sounds some what doable with a 3.5L

ah shit screw it I have 307HP

:p

holy shit....jeffie is using the 'well an intake adds 7hp and an exhaust adds 15, so....' ricer butt-dynomometer!!!!!

well shit, in that case, my k&n filter along with my hyperwhite reverse lights and my ebay type-ARRRR shift knob are pushin me close to 215whp!!! w00t!

S2000-005.jpg

Last known images of the S2K...The hood is blah, and rims are bling...Don't flame the wing, the car is RWD, and the wing is functional.

That > Audi

350Z > Audi

I'm sorry, your old Audi looks like a friggin' Sentra.

Originally posted by civicious@Jun 5 2004, 05:49 PM
holy shit....jeffie is using the 'well an intake adds 7hp and an exhaust adds 15, so....' ricer butt-dynomometer!!!!!

well shit, in that case, my k&n filter along with my hyperwhite reverse lights and my ebay type-ARRRR shift knob are pushin me close to 215whp!!! w00t!

Big difference in v6, and inline 4 mods...someone restrain me PLEASE.

and now that we have sufficiently whored this thread to its full extent, i hereby dub this thread as good as :locked:

Back