today's music officially sucks

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

That's the worst view on anything I've ever heard in my entire life.
Congratulations.

i listen to breakbeats; far from mainstream, and 80s-90s music :ph34r:

Originally posted by Callidus+Dec 7 2004, 02:03 PM-->
Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 7 2004, 01:54 PM
Callidus
@Dec 7 2004, 02:48 PM
I cant' stand today's music. I will listent to pretty much anything, but nowadays' hip hop or black music fucking sucks. I listen to stuff they will never play on the radio.
[post=427706]Quoted post[/post]​

same here, i love hip hop, but i hate 99% of the new stuff that is out today. Im not a fan of mainstream, i love people like aesop, sage francis, slug, dilated peoples, planet asia etc etc... radio music, for the most part (and im talkin 99.9%) sucks. The new rap sucks, with idiots like lil fucking jon and all those idiots. :angry:
[post=427711]Quoted post[/post]​

FUCK YEAH man, I'm listening to Bazooka Tooth right now. And I'm pissed at one of my friends for stealing Labor Days from me. Blackalicious, Dialated Peoples, Jedi Mind Tricks, Slug....you know where it's at. I also listen to other stuff. I like some punk-ish rock like Thrice, other harder bands too, but I also listen to Frank Sinatra a lot. Incubus is my favorite band, and I had been waiting almost 2 years to see them in concert. They were bad ass, played for over a hour and a half straight.
[post=427718]Quoted post[/post]​

Word man, didnt know there were so many underground heads in here. Aesop Rock is the shit, and pretty much anything DefJux.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 7 2004, 01:31 PM
kayne west sucks, john mayer sucks, usher sucks, alicia keys can sing but i dont like it, hoobastank sucks, tim mcgraw sucks, jay z sucks, nelly sucks, ll cool j WAS cool but now sucks, green day now sucks, bestie boys used to be cool. LOL, todays music does suck.
ill stick to my metal and underground hip hop.
[post=427691]Quoted post[/post]​

I like the new green day... both their songs off American Idiot they have out are decent.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 7 2004, 06:31 PM
kayne west sucks, john mayer sucks, usher sucks, alicia keys can sing but i dont like it, hoobastank sucks, tim mcgraw sucks, jay z sucks, nelly sucks, ll cool j WAS cool but now sucks, green day now sucks, bestie boys used to be cool. LOL, todays music does suck.
ill stick to my metal and underground hip hop.
[post=427691]Quoted post[/post]​

I like Kanye West
I like Usher
I like Alicia Keys
Jay-Z sucks?? the fuck are you smoking? best rapper alive today. period
I like Nelly
LL Cool J...yea that guys just whatever
And I really like Ja Rule
Oh yea and Eminem... :worthy:

everybody's getting on the "mainstream music sucks" bandwagon nowadays. I'll admit I don't listen to the radio anymore either because its all the same shit. Rap artists found the formula to get their songs played on the radio and now you hear the same shit over and over again. Thankfully, none of the artist's above that I favor do that for their entire album...they just make their singles so they get exposure then make the rest of their album listen worthy. Don't like any of the above? Then go pick up these ready made albums...

Diplomats - Diplomatic Immunity 2
T.I. - Urban Legend
Ludacris - Red Light District

Most mainstream anything sucks ass. The only radio stations is can even stand listening to are classic rock and oldies stations because they aren't concerned with pleasing the masses. As far as what I have in my collection, I love progressive rock like Rush, LTE, Dream Theatre and other technical instrumentalists like Satriani and Eric Johnson.

I'm also a huge fan of Psychopathic Records artists. The coolest thing about Psychopathic is that they do everything for their fans and that matters to me. Those motherfuckers barely make enough money to be considered rich because they put on such extravagent shows for the fans and keep tickets cheap so everyone can see them. Most people think ICP sucks, but then again most people have only heard that ICP sucks. I can't even count the times I've had Riddle Box cranked with my door open and had other people in the dorm walk by and say "Hey, that's kinda cool. Who is this?" "ICP" "Oh, I thought they sucked. Could you burn that for me?" And anyone who is a fan of rap should check out Twiztid, they fuckin own.

Necro and Ill Bill kick ass too.

i like how the whole linkin park jayz thing is going, even though they put out only 6 songs together, i think its really an evolution of music. to me, jay-z is the only cool rapper. he seems like the only thats not all blinged out and in it just for the money like 99% of all the other rappers.

Originally posted by Blanco@Dec 7 2004, 03:06 PM
Some people actually appreciate music and some people just listen to it. The differences are as plain as night and day.

Plus you have to understand how the music industry works. It is an industry, just like any other, and their product is music. Gone are the days of developing new talent. Now, because we as Americans have elevated enertainers to almost legendary status, the only care is money. Will it sell? Sign them and then drop them after they stop selling. As long as the largest demographic of music listeners and consumers is buying the music, it will be here. Personally, I don't like most of the music from the '70's. Does that mean that it sucks? No, it just means that it wouldn't be my first, second or fifth choice to put into my CD player. But I still have an appreciation for what a lot of those bands did. Yes, a lot of the new music flat out sucks. But it would also seem that a lot of outstanding artists are being labled as "suck" simply because they're in a genre that people don't usually listen to.
[post=427933]Quoted post[/post]​

Wow Blanco, wish I was good at words like you am.
You've just been labeled intelligent in my book, but I'm sure that doesn't mean anything to anyone with the shit I post. :D

Originally posted by dohch22a4@Dec 7 2004, 08:18 PM
Most mainstream anything sucks ass.

[post=428159]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, but people start confusing main stream with the size of a groups fan base.
Britney Spears is mainstream, not because she has thousands of people going to her concert, but because her music is unoriginal and she's just another face behind nothingness.
Coldplay is far from mainstream, quite the opposite, I haven't heard a band with near the same sound as them. But since thousands of people go to their concerts, and they hear a lot about them, they get labeled as 'mainstream'. And since mainstream = sucks and mainstream = coldplay then coldplay = sucks... in some people's eyes.
Same goes for Dave Matthews Band.
Sure, LTE's sound is just as original, but not as many people can relate to or even understand their music... but I bet if they had a huge fanbase and there was an LTE sticker on the back of every lifted F150, they would be called mainstream.
:shrug2: I may be wrong.

Originally posted by GSRCRXsi@Dec 7 2004, 11:51 PM
i like how the whole linkin park jayz thing is going, even though they put out only 6 songs together, i think its really an evolution of music. to me, jay-z is the only cool rapper. he seems like the only thats not all blinged out and in it just for the money like 99% of all the other rappers.
[post=428181]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: I'm loving their stuff they have playing MTV... might be the first cd I buy in a while when it comes out. (I think it might already be out too)

I'm with Kcihcaton and Blanco on this subject.

:lmao: I love how mainstream it is now to say mainstream sucks. Its like the cool thing to do, by liking music that the general public doesn't.

I appreciate a lot of music. Not into one hit wonders at all, but solid artists like pearl Jam, Smashing Pumpkins, U2, Alice in chains, Elton John, AFI, Bush, Tom petty, etc. Just examples of unique sounds.

I also listen to a few underground bands, but I tend to just pick through my buddies cd's and suprnova.org. I can't afford to actually buy albums.

I don't listen to the radio besides listening to the End.

lol, i will always consider nas to be a far superior rapper than jayz any day of the week.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Dec 8 2004, 01:47 AM
:lmao: I love how mainstream it is now to say mainstream sucks. Its like the cool thing to do, by liking music that the general public doesn't.
[post=428217]Quoted post[/post]​

If it was mainstream to say fuck mainstream, then dont you think all the popular artists wouldnt be selling the 1000's of albums they do? If it was mainstream to say fuck mainstream dont you think mtv would of picked up on it? The only large group of people i know of that dont like mainstream music are people. I think that we, residents of hs, make it seem that its like that....when in actuality a huge % of the population like the mainstream.... <_<

LOL. Makes sense, but you'll always have your pop style bands, you'd say. But think of this.

If anyone couldsell a 1000 records or a lot more, they would, would that make them mainstream? I dunno, I don't care about mainstream but music quality, and original, tone, drumming, etc. I like them for their music.

If I find a band, I'll put the cd in, and see what its like, I don't care if I've heard of them before, if I can't listen to the whole cd and enjoy the sounds they're creating and Actually enjoy them, then I turn them off.

Choice of Music is your opinion, everyone is entitled to it.

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 8 2004, 12:54 AM
lol, i will always consider nas to be a far superior rapper than jayz any day of the week.
[post=428222]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:

U2 and Elton John: :thumbsup:

Chili Peppers : Flea is the Bass god. Since a lot of their music is bass-driven, and I'm a bass player, I dig their music, more the older stuff than the newer stuff. Jack Johnson is pretty sick too. U2, a ton of oldies bands, also a lot of classical music. Big band era music too like bennie goodman. A lot of music today is just a bunch of guys writing some garbage and then some no talent unoriginal teeniebopper singing/lipsynching to some digitally synthesized "music".

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Dec 8 2004, 05:54 AM
[post=428222]Quoted post[/post]​

why? cuz you can't undestand half the shit he says?? yea he's nice...but he doesn't make any sense in most of his rhymes. egypt? prophets? constellations in the sky? get the fuck outta here.

Jay-Z > Nas

I always followed the music motto of:

"If I like it, I listen to it. If I don't, I won't". There is no right or wrong over debates to industry, style, mainstream, etc.... surprising people give a shit over what someone else likes. Its just music!!

But, since this thread turned into what bands and music we like the most:

I enjoy the it all, from country to classical. There is a time, place, and emotion for all kinds of music in my book.

Listening a lot lately to "U2, DMB, Keane, Modest Mouse"

Back