took out the power stering pump, need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

wow this guys is a dumbass. shouldn't even waste the time to help this guy out because he is evidentally just looking for someone to come do it for him.

Calm down man, he's probably only like 15 or 16 and hasn't done all this stuff before, they gotta learn sometime

ok so i filled the empty tank with some sterring fluid to try and lube up the system, and all of a sudden theres a puddle of P/S fluid on the ground and its kleaking from some where?

all the hoses are connected

and when i turn the car off it make a sound like WHOShh and then its quiet?

please help me someone i d k whats going on

put fluid in the rack and put a bolt in the hole tight it will work temporarily, the best thing to do is get a manual rack like did, and throw the pump in the street at a cop car and run.

Last edited:
Or just go find yourself another pump.
The steering will work, the rack will have a continuous flow of fluid through the rack and it will work as it should.
No need to change the rack when its just as easy to stick another pump on there.

Has it affected driveability? Can you say FORSURE it wasn't doing it before?

no it hasnt affected , and im like 95% sure it wasnt doing it before, but i wont worry about it for now, im more worried about my sterrng!

Shit, my first two cars didn't have power steering.... Or hydro clutch or power brakes.....

yeah, but at least they were done the right way.

91, that link is by far the easiest way to do it right. pull off the pump, save some weight and install a $3 fitting... or suck it up and replace the pump.

the only thi is i d get that stupid 3 dollar fix, thing at all, otherwise i would gladly do that

and why is this, i filled fluid in it yesterday and it started leaking, and there s no loose hoose or no loose anything just leaking

Do you know where its leaking from? Can you see exactly where the fluid is coming from?

nope tried that, it is just leaking so i drained all the fluid out and will drive like that for now

It was said before, doin that is gunna screw the rack up. It cant be that hard to spot the leak, theres only so many place it could come from. You just need to look harder and from different angles if you cant see it right away.

lol, actually more like throwing a ball at a wall. the same damn thing keeps coming back, just at a different angle.

Maybe because im dont no a lot about cars!!!!

Just because u guys do , im trying to learn thats why i ask things a lot

jezzzz

Take it easy man, we're just bustin balls. We said the things we did cuz you were told not to run your rack dry, but you did anyways. You dont hafta know a damn thing about cars to be able to take advice on cars, which you didnt seem to do.

To reiterate, DO NOT run your rack dry. Get a reservoir tank with 2 ports on it. Run a hose from one port of the tank to one port of your rack. Connect the last port on the tank to the last port on your rack. DONE.

Back