Top Speed - Who's Done It?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by davidbr+Nov 8 2003, 09:51 PM-->
@Nov 7 2003, 01:50 PM
Then a few days later, I hit 110 before 'the fear' set in as I envisioned myself getting pulled out the window by cops with drawn pistols. I slowed down.

Is it in America really like this? You drive 120+ mph and get pulled over with guns?
I just cant believe, thought its only like this in movies :D
Americans really must love germany, drive as fast as you can and no one cares. :p

no cops in america will just follow you until you crash or, they get so tired or pissed off at you they pop your tires.

a friend of mine was goin a 125 on his way to work in his single cam turbo crx one day cause he was late, he got pulled over, the cop came up and said "goin a little fast, weren't you?" my friend simply said he was late for work and the cop let him go. of course that was back in the day so I guess they didn't care that much back then.

I've actually taken my car to 145 mph on the highway at 2 in the morning which isn't really the best thing to do when you haven't checked the pressure in your tires. that was over a year ago though and ever since i was broadsided by a prelude I'm too paranoid to drive fast.

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 20 2003, 06:24 PM
a friend of mine was goin a 125 on his way to work in his single cam turbo crx one day cause he was late, he got pulled over, the cop came up and said "goin a little fast, weren't you?" my friend simply said he was late for work and the cop let him go. of course that was back in the day so I guess they didn't care that much back then.

Dude, I dunno about this story. No cop would let someone go going that bloody fast.

in my old fiero gt = 120 +/- def not pulling
in my lx = 92, and scared shitless :p
in my old spirit rt (11psi)= 135 +/- yee effin haw! never hit the 141 top out
in my dads 69 dodge super bee = omfg! thank god the speedo was pegged, so i have no clue.
in the merc = cruising speed only B)

145 in a 2002 stang... fuel cut off...
135 (NYS thruway) on a ninja 600... beat the thing to death...

turbo probe speedo topped at 125 and it was still pulling...downhill...

135 in my WRX with a gear left. I let off after the mirrors started howling.

well yea, i guess i did around 400 mph in my friends grandfathers jet, yea I flew a jet..well i steered it..I'll just shut up.

I did 82 in an 86 944 today on a test drive. Remember this was a test drive.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Dec 30 2003, 04:21 PM
well yea, i guess i did around 400 mph in my friends grandfathers jet, yea I flew a jet..well i steered it..I'll just shut up.

I did 82 in an 86 944 today on a test drive. Remember this was a test drive.

:werd: I got up to like 85 in an 04 Spec V on the test drive. TPP is my witness lol

Ive barried the needle in my weak h22 Accord. And Ive taken my Hayabusa up to 175! Thats a real machine. I would have tryed faster but i was testing my luck anyways not wearing a helmet!

mine was bout 110-115 in my 92 civic lx, mods are b18b Tb, and thats it hummmm =T. gets kinda scary with stock suspension.

note to self, wokr on suspension :)

167 on the 60 near clearwater,fl. Fully buiilt lsvtec in a 88 dx hatchback. I miss that car but the block was overbored and smoked like crazy after about 12,000miles on the motor. Took just about anything on the street. Best race ever was a 02 zo6 kept right on his back bumper. Car was the ultimate sleeper! dents and body work was shot! lol

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Dec 31 2003, 07:16 PM
Ive barried the needle in my weak h22 Accord. And Ive taken my Hayabusa up to 175! Thats a real machine. I would have tryed faster but i was testing my luck anyways not wearing a helmet!

:tardcart: To say the very least.

Originally posted by Accordturbo94@Dec 31 2003, 07:16 PM
And Ive taken my Hayabusa up to 175! Thats a real machine. I would have tryed faster but i was testing my luck anyways not wearing a helmet!

ok fuck it i gotta ask .... what the hell did you have on for eye protection while you were traveling at 175mph without a helmet

<cough>SQUID!!!<cough>

It was my friends 92 cx hatch with a h22 swap. intake header exhaust rechipped ecu. We were on 84 in NY it was about 1 am. We took one of those u-turns where the cops chill at on highways. THen punched it on a long straightaway. The speedo only went up to 130 but we were well past that and i am going to guess it was somewhere between 148-152... I still had about 400 rpm left but i almost missed out exit to get off. I have it on tape too so it was great to show everyone later that night.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back