V8 in EF possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope he doesn't think this car is going to handle well after this. He wants to put an engine that probably weighs close to 600 pounds when he is said and done, plus a heavier than his stock honda transmission. What does a stock Honda engine and tranny weigh 200-250 pounds?
He will then have to see if the engine will even fit in the engine bay. (BTW good luck trying to work on this engine once its installed.) Then there is the front suspension. It will have to beefed up just to handle the weight of the heavier engine. I bet my 06 e150 cargo van will handle better than his car will. I hope this is a drag car because that will be all its good for.

Then is it going to be FI or Carb? Custom mounts will have to be fabricated, and custom headers, shift linkages, wiring, a radiator setup that will be able to handle the bigger engine and fit into the smaller Civic's engine bay. The sheet metal in the middle floor of his car will probably have to be raised to fit a drive shaft.

For the rear end he will have to find one that will hold up to the power he wants to use, and then it has to fit the width of his car. Probably will have to be shortened. Then is he going to run a solid rear axle or an independent rear suspension. I hope he is a good fabricator and good at welding. A decision on springs will have to be made depending on what kind of axle he uses. A custom drive shaft will have to be made. What wheels is he going to run. Will probably have to be a custom wheel. I don't think there are many rear axles in a 4 X100 lug pattern. So it will be custom to his car because most wheel probably won't have to proper offset.
Brakes all around will have to be upgraded to stop the heavier car. A new exhaust will have to be fabricated and ran. With a drive shaft also running down the car have fun running two exhaust pipes down the car with it. Do you think he has thought about all this stuff. I bet I missed a lot of stuff too.
I bet it will cost bare minimum 10g's. Probably closer to 20. My prediction is after all this work that he will either crash the car because he won't be able to handle the power and crappy handling.
That or he will get his ass handed to him by cars with much less work into them. I would put my money on a 91 Civic with a properly built b18 with a turbo on it. This car would spank his car in every aspect for half the price and headaches. Good luck its going to take you a while to build. I hope you have a lot of $$$ because it will not be cheap.

Just so you know im deaf and i try my best to spell ok. so back off and i know way more then you in mechanics i was just asking for a suggestion only retard so if your not going to help out wit my suggestion dont comment allrite

That's the most ridiculous excuse I've ever heard, you are typing not speaking, there are dictionaries and books, you obviously know how to read, so you're already intelligent enough to be able to figure out basic english.

All of a sudden your post became much more understandable. interesting.

google toolbar also has a spell checker

that is a nice feature in firefox though

and just so the OP knows, that LS1 civic still only ran a 12.6

I hope he doesn't think this car is going to handle well after this. He wants to put an engine that probably weighs close to 600 pounds when he is said and done, plus a heavier than his stock honda transmission. What does a stock Honda engine and tranny weigh 200-250 pounds?
He will then have to see if the engine will even fit in the engine bay. (BTW good luck trying to work on this engine once its installed.) Then there is the front suspension. It will have to beefed up just to handle the weight of the heavier engine. I bet my 06 e150 cargo van will handle better than his car will. I hope this is a drag car because that will be all its good for.

Then is it going to be FI or Carb? Custom mounts will have to be fabricated, and custom headers, shift linkages, wiring, a radiator setup that will be able to handle the bigger engine and fit into the smaller Civic's engine bay. The sheet metal in the middle floor of his car will probably have to be raised to fit a drive shaft.

For the rear end he will have to find one that will hold up to the power he wants to use, and then it has to fit the width of his car. Probably will have to be shortened. Then is he going to run a solid rear axle or an independent rear suspension. I hope he is a good fabricator and good at welding. A decision on springs will have to be made depending on what kind of axle he uses. A custom drive shaft will have to be made. What wheels is he going to run. Will probably have to be a custom wheel. I don't think there are many rear axles in a 4 X100 lug pattern. So it will be custom to his car because most wheel probably won't have to proper offset.
Brakes all around will have to be upgraded to stop the heavier car. A new exhaust will have to be fabricated and ran. With a drive shaft also running down the car have fun running two exhaust pipes down the car with it. Do you think he has thought about all this stuff. I bet I missed a lot of stuff too.
I bet it will cost bare minimum 10g's. Probably closer to 20. My prediction is after all this work that he will either crash the car because he won't be able to handle the power and crappy handling.
That or he will get his ass handed to him by cars with much less work into them. I would put my money on a 91 Civic with a properly built b18 with a turbo on it. This car would spank his car in every aspect for half the price and headaches. Good luck its going to take you a while to build. I hope you have a lot of $$$ because it will not be cheap.

Oh AHHH that's FUKING COST me ALOTS of the MONEY to spend on this PROJECT!! So I think u are ALL the right abouT this. But I was think if its would be great for me to have the 88 mazda rx-7 and take all the parts from 88 mazda rx-7 put into a 91 honda civic crx or hatchback. This mights save some money. The 88 mazda rx-7 cost me around 1 grand. But I think a rotary engine should be fit in civic's engine bay cause that engine is pretty small almost same as honda's motor.

Thanks guy am Appreciated your some help!!!!!! Keep this updated! By the way happy easter day

Put the 350 in the Rx-7. Its a lot easier and there are after-market companies that make the swap parts.

Oh really ? Well the fact that I don't even like a rx-7 @ all lol. I just like to have a honda civic... I have three car in the backyard haven't done fix it up. So ill think about it.. I gotta 2 c wat am gunna 2 do w/ this project. Maybe 350 in the rx-7 would be great lol

I just realized you also think you are more mechanically inclined then me, you keep on thinking that, along with your RWD del sols and a million misinformed posts.

You wouldn't be asking all these off the wall questions if you knew what you were talking about or had any type of knowledge. It's not even like you just lack knowledge on Hondas, cause your posts show you don't have knowledge on american vehicles either or just plain general knowledge on automobiles.

You building a car is going to be a death trap, but chances are it won't get finished let alone run.

I just realized you also think you are more mechanically inclined then me, you keep on thinking that, along with your RWD del sols and a million misinformed posts.

You wouldn't be asking all these off the wall questions if you knew what you were talking about or had any type of knowledge. It's not even like you just lack knowledge on Hondas, cause your posts show you don't have knowledge on american vehicles either or just plain general knowledge on automobiles.

You building a car is going to be a death trap, but chances are it won't get finished let alone run.

Come on dude am trying to be nice to you. Don't u mind to leave me alone and get out of this thread ?.. If u don't want to help me anything then shut the fuck up bro

Dude I will prove yall wrong that I can do it this project.. But I need to know wat is the final answer. Some people suggest me to put chevy in honda,roatry into civic and chevy 350 into a rx-7. But am stilling wait for the final answer then I mights go ahead do it my project.

dude if you weld as horribly as you type, the first time you launch that shit is twisting off and flying everywhere... if you manage to even get it running, which i'm doubting. what types of projects like this have you tackled already?

he is helping from all i've read so far. your full of shit and wasting bandwidth on something that you arn't capable of doing, and in trying to convay how it is not possible for a person of your skill and knowledge to pull it off, he is helping

Dude I will prove yall wrong that I can do it this project.. But I need to know wat is the final answer. Some people suggest me to put chevy in honda,roatry into civic and chevy 350 into a rx-7. But am stilling wait for the final answer then I mights go ahead do it my project.

what ever your going to be happy with dude. i wanna see you try. they're all stupid difficult. post lots of pics!!

Thank you...

Again, why are you asking people what you should do? Are you not able to make decisions on your own? Pick a motor, pick a car, attempt to do it and let me laugh in your face when you fail.

We shouldn't need to tell you what to do, you say you're capable of these level 10 projects, so take your level 10 skills and jumble them up in your head to make your own level 10 decision.

u wont be able laugh in ma face when am fail.. u know why ? cause i never be fail when i am doing so many project in the past with a fwd honda civic but i need get some more information with a rwd dats y am here to ask some people to help me out and to see what people suggestion me to get the motor n etc dude

what did you do to the 'fwd honda'? put on an intake? nows your chance to brag. tell us all the hard shit you've accomplished before.

I wouldn't do any of them. I'd keep it FWD, drop an H22 in it and build it up, or drop a turbo B18, and have a fast car that's still somewhat reliable. I'm with the rest of these guys...I think this project is going to end in failure, but give it a go and let us know how it works out for you...

u wont be able laugh in ma face when am fail.. u know why ? cause i never be fail when i am doing so many project in the past with a fwd honda civic but i need get some more information with a rwd dats y am here to ask some people to help me out and to see what people suggestion me to get the motor n etc dude

If you want to get some experience with a RWD, then buy a RWD. Go get yourself an old Miata and drop a 350 or S2000 motor in that. If you have no experience with RWD thus far, then trying to build one from scratch is probably not a good idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back