V8 in EF possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wouldn't do any of them. I'd keep it FWD, drop an H22 in it and build it up, or drop a turbo B18, and have a fast car that's still somewhat reliable. I'm with the rest of these guys...I think this project is going to end in failure, but give it a go and let us know how it works out for you...

oh ok allright but the reason why i want to put rwd on any civic cause i want to doing a driftin with a civic to be something different. everyone has a 240sx n etc in the drift. lol if that is really bad idea to use a civic on the drift then just tell me right away guys

If you want to get some experience with a RWD, then buy a RWD. Go get yourself an old Miata and drop a 350 or S2000 motor in that. If you have no experience with RWD thus far, then trying to build one from scratch is probably not a good idea...

ok allright my cousin have a 2001 nissan maxima that would be great put an s2000 engine in that car ?

p.s what the yrs is the best for me to have old miata ?

It's been done before using the drivetrain from a CR-V. At least that way you're keeping it all in the Honda family and you can use a B-series motor. Still though...a hell of a lot of work...

It's been done before using the drivetrain from a CR-V. At least that way you're keeping it all in the Honda family and you can use a B-series motor. Still though...a hell of a lot of work...

ok allright i guess am go with b series motor. i have a b18c1 engine into my 95 honda civic. i just want to put any of b series into my civic crx to make something faster than any b series motor. how about b20 block with gsr vtec head on it ?

Just keep this thread update and u guys will c wat am gunna 2 do with my goddam project =)

yea.....make it junkyard worthy, it's alright though, one less EF in this world. It just raises the value of the ones that are left. People like you keep the value of unmolested civics high.

Just keep this thread update and u guys will c wat am gunna 2 do with my goddam project =)

The thread's not going to disappear dude. It might move down towards the bottom of the page, but you can just bring it back up to the top by posting in it.

On a side note, why would you try to put an S2K motor into a Maxima? The Maxima is FWD too, you'd have to fabricate the entire drivetrain, just like you'd have to do with the Civic. Not a good idea, in my opinion...

The thread's not going to disappear dude. It might move down towards the bottom of the page, but you can just bring it back up to the top by posting in it.

On a side note, why would you try to put an S2K motor into a Maxima? The Maxima is FWD too, you'd have to fabricate the entire drivetrain, just like you'd have to do with the Civic. Not a good idea, in my opinion...

Wat is an s2k ? Its is s2000???

lol, how in the world are you capable of starting your vehicle, let alone drive it, or even a major stretch further, take it apart?!

:laughing1:

This is just getting crazy. The Maxima probably has morehp and tq than s2k motor does.

This guy has got to be messing with us, seriously he and his ideas are just off the wall.He definitely has no mechanical knowledge.

This is just getting crazy. The Maxima probably has morehp and tq than s2k motor does.

That's true...I didn't even think about that...the Maxima's V6 puts out more than 200 horses for sure, and I'm guessing similar torque numbers...

Yeh should be more than around 230 hp..

Am still waitting for someone buy ma car so I could start build my project guys.. This shiit will take few month from now to go on

Yeh should be more than around 230 hp..

I looked it up. The 01-03 Maxima had either the VQ30 or VQ35, making between 222 and 255 horses, and 200+ lbs of torque in both cases, so an S2K swap wouldn't make much sense at all...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back