What's everyone been up to ?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I merely suggested a midsize car because you said you wanted something more mature.

Well, as Mature as a guy can get and still camp out for newly released XBox games.

When I read his post I was thinking he was going to buy something in the 20-30k area. Not sub 5k. LOL.

Galant vr4....I just found out they have speed sensitive wipers the last time I drove mine

I still want the vr4... and the pulsar... and still can't afford either :X

I can put up some pics, if anyone is interested...

But I'm still in my house - talk about a financial nightmare. I budgeted a home for $1100 a month, and wound up at $2000 a month. It's been a struggle, and will continue to be a struggle forever. I'm behind, sometimes by a long shot, sometimes not so bad. But I haven't been balance-free since like 2008. So that's a struggle.

I added Project Management to my workload - as an independent Project Manager. I had enough work (%75,000 this year) to hire on two other project managers. Good people. One left because she found a better job, and the other I haven't been able to keep busy so far. Several projects backed out, and one totally screwed me (But it's ok, what I had for a $75k budget and 1 week downtime, resulted in his friend "doing the work" for $250k and 9 weeks total business downtime.. SUCKA!) Other than that, several of my clients have gone out of business, and others are having troubles paying my bill. I have about $15k in outstanding bills floating around. This week should square away one of them, with them paying me off so I can buy another car.

I pulled a 1991 Integra out of the junk yard for my wife. 4 door, auto, pretty good looking. I'm selling it now. Just been maintaining it, and using it to get back and forth to work.

With the financial troubles, and schedule problems (I have't got any free time) I didn't touch my Wagon this year. It's back together now with a rebuilt motor, the LSD trans and the LSD rear. Still a few little things to wrap up before it's back on the road. I miss that thing.

I didn't do any bike riding this year. Well, 2 rides on a friend's bike, but that's it.

Been married for over a year now, it's been fun. Marriage isn't too bad. If you have been with your girl for over a year, and approach her with the things that you want to do before doing them - then you're already most of the way there.

I decided to increase the gun collection a bit, and do more prepping. That's been the name of the game this year. Getting prepared for Celegedon.

Since the secret is out, I bought my wife a Mustang convertible. But I found myself my own Mustang - a 76 Cobra. 4 spd, v6 (80 hp gas crisis car!) with a TON of spares. An entire cobra spare car, already cut and categorized, 3 302 motors, 2 transmissions (Auto though.. blech) and a bunch of mustang II front end bits. My new Post Apocalyptic car.

So I'll have a P-A Subaru wagon, and the Mustang. A few bikes, and a dune buggy.

Oh, the Dune buggy - I scored a used trailmaster 150cc go-kart dune buggy thing. It has a plow and not much else. But it's chain drive, and I've sized up the possibility of grafting the Ninja 1200 motor into it. Haven't received the buggy yet, but I'll post up progress on it.

The major relaxation efforts have been the Rat Rod projects. I have the body now, and a mapping of a final interior design. I'm trying to find a bagged S-10 frame to rest it all on. The motor is about complete, but I want to use a Toyota W50 trans instead of the auto-tragic that I currently have duct taped to the whole thing. I was going to do this one as an auto, and perhaps my next with the Cosworth motor... but all that shit got stolen. Yeah, Vega = stolen. Ya believe that ?

I've been using android devices for telemetry ... just having fun while drinking the morning coffee. I think I can get not only my vintage liquid filled gauges into the car, but I can contrast those with android rendered telemetry gauges. Kind of a time-traveler concept. I think it'll work out.

I've also decided that a goal of mine is to own a helicopter. I want a Bell 230 and / or a M-D 500. That's a topic for another thread though.

0604phr_01_z+1976_ford_mustang_ii+.jpg

The nice thing about this generation (Yes, it's a rebodied Pinto) is that the Mustang II front end is the very common setup for a lot of high-dollar hot rods and kit cars. The aftermarket for Mustang cobra suspension is vast - and cheap. The car pictured here is making .99g in a turn (On Hotrod magazine) and uses fiberglass rear leaf springs. It's a Solo2 car, with a pretty factory 302 v8. I am trying to get ahold of a K-Code 289 to drop in instead. First thing first: A body shop who is a client of mine owes me a lot of money. He was going to paint my Integra again, but the integra isn't so bad off. I'm going to go about the same direction in the body as this blue one, only in black. Shine or no shine. Haven't made up my mind.

Too long for me to read right now. I'll catch up when I got time to read the Cel encyclopedia.

You have facebook? Thought it was bad with me an Kristin? Do I have some stories for you since our last convo.

More of this ratrod... its piqued my curiosity. I've found myself to be a rat enthusiast, and am hoping to build myself a ratty s-10 somewhere in the near future.

I'm digging the mustang! I've been thinking about buying a 64.5-68 this spring. I do like yours though. Light, cheap, looks decent, better handling than the older cars.

More of this ratrod... its piqued my curiosity. I've found myself to be a rat enthusiast, and am hoping to build myself a ratty s-10 somewhere in the near future.
I've seen some really good ideas with the S-10 rat. Keeping the boxy shape, but ditching the fenders makes for a quick and dirty project with good results. Plus, any engine can be bolted into them. a JTR V8 swap kit, Camaro trans and some sandpaper will make it.
I'm digging the mustang! I've been thinking about buying a 64.5-68 this spring. I do like yours though. Light, cheap, looks decent, better handling than the older cars.

The 76 is totally different. And, yeah I guess it handles better than older cars - but that's not saying much. The Mustang II front end is really well supported, and can be worked with. I'm dropping a deposit tomorrow, so it'll be about 2 weeks before I can bring it home. Then winter sets in.

Back