Why me!!!!!!....... :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

as much as I want that car....I think I'll pound out a few more projects, and find a decent 1969 Datsun 2000 fairlady and do up an SR20DET swap....:cool:

The wife is still freaking out that I insinuated about buying that car....:eek:

The wife is still freaking out that I insinuated about buying that car....:eek:
if she freaks about that, piitb. or tell her you're moving to japan without her or something. that will make her really freak.

It would be a crappy daily driver and racing it would lead to broken parts that would be a total pain in the ass to get, which means every time something snapped it would be down for 2 months while you tried to locate parts. And, if you smacked a wall with it, you'd cry. Its not nice enough to be a trailer queen show car, so that would be pretty pointless.

I vote that you pretend it doesn't exist and get on with life.

It would be a crappy daily driver and racing it would lead to broken parts that would be a total pain in the ass to get, which means every time something snapped it would be down for 2 months while you tried to locate parts. And, if you smacked a wall with it, you'd cry. Its not nice enough to be a trailer queen show car, so that would be pretty pointless.

I vote that you pretend it doesn't exist and get on with life.

thats the most accurate thing inthis thread
rep for you

When you have a garage though, and your favorite music, and you have time to work on something cool - Dude, it's fucking nirvana.

I agree.

But, if you had a wife who liked the car as much as you did, you wouldn't be having this problem.

Last edited:
24 hour penalty for spreading lies.

I invoke the "opinion equals fact" clause.

Yes, they're so high status here - thats why the car is what $8k and he's practically begging Clayton to take it off his hands.

Its definitely some '67 Shelby Cobra worth a ton of money, since its a classic.

/sarcasm.

It holds little value here in the states.

welp...no skyline for me...:(

Just put a deposit on the house's windows and siding.....for $25K's :D

and another $8K's to do the garage and shed.:mad:

How many windows and approx. # of squares for the siding?

Seems on the high side to me. Who's doing the work?

welp...no skyline for me...:(

Just put a deposit on the house's windows and siding.....for $25K's :D

and another $8K's to do the garage and shed.:mad:

Idiot. Jeff has a licence and runs a home improvement business. He's done houses way larger than yours with more windows for WAY less.

like, half.

20 windows, custom made, double hung 2 pane window with energy saver and all the bells and whistles. come out to about $9K's. One front door. $1300.

And then the siding.

Completely strip the old siding off, pull all the nails out, and cover the house with a blue 1/2" Styrofoam compact insulation base, then the new siding will be like the top of the line Monogramhttp://www.certainteed.com/NR/rdonlyres/C038E2A5-7CBF-42F5-BF97-323E729B4656/0/203.pdf , and the garage and shed will also get the insulation back foam stuff, but will get the cheaper Mainstreethttp://www.certainteed.com/NR/rdonlyres/C038E2A5-7CBF-42F5-BF97-323E729B4656/0/203.pdf , in Heritage cream color. Then all the soffits and trim will be white. It will be a three week job at least.

Right now the contract is for the windows, one door, and the siding for the house...and the price for that is $25,100. If I also get the Garage done at the same time, then it will be about another $8Ks. Since the garage and the shed combined is about the same area as another house. And the Gutters for the house is also included in that price.

And the killer part of the deal is the warantee. Transferable to the new owners of the house if I sell, and fully covered for anything that happens. If I tear a screen, just pop it off, run it to the shop, and they re-screen it for free. If a window doesn't open and shut like it's new, then they come out and replace it....and if the glass breaks...then its replaced.

The neighbors had their window done, and they look good, and they have already had a window replaced for free due to some frame swelling or something like that.

Done once...and I'll never have to touch it again.

But I might cancel the contract, and have them remove the door from it, and just worry about the windows and siding...and do the door myself.

Advanced Window Systems: Distributers of premium vinyl replacement windows, doors and siding.

Back