Why me!!!!!!....... :(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The deposit was for $8400... And they will start 10/01/07...and try to finish by 10/20/07

from the back, his house is 4 stories too don't forget. i'm sure the height thing is a factor

from the back, his house is 4 stories too don't forget. i'm sure the height thing is a factor

Nah, its two:
DSC00369.JPG

how much extra are the custom windows compared to normal windows + framing?

if you're having the siding done you might want to reconsider the custom windows

on a hosue that old, it might be impossible to not go custom. 1898 i think it was built... and i'm sure the windows are 15 different sizes

they are....

And I called and gave the guy a question....and after he calls me back...then I'll see if I go with another company.:ph34r:

But still: how many quotes did you get before signing this contract???

And you're looking at ~$2800 bucks for retail cost of the siding. I'd get a price breakdown of what this company is charging, because more than likely, he's charging you in the 4-5k range for the siding. The foam insulation board shouldn't be more than 1k.

Honestly, for that work, I'd estimate it out at 16-18k including cleanup.

Last edited:
I canceled the contract yesterday, I'm getting my deposit back and no strings attached. I'm going to attempt to side the garage and shed myself, but I'm still looking for a contractor to do the house.

If your game, come by and give me an estimate...;)

I got the shed's foundation almost done...:ph34r:

and the walkway from the garage to the house started... bye bye another $1200...and I still need 2 more pallets of stone, and another pallet of sand.... prolly be in the $3000 range when all done for the walkways and patio's. :(

DSC00383.JPG

DSC00384.JPG

DSC00387.JPG

DSC00388.JPG

DSC00389.JPG

Got tons of shit done.....well...about 2.5 tons....:D

Got another siding guy coming tomorrow at 2PM to give me another estimate, I went shopping again today and bought the rest of the shed's materials....and other crap for the house....$1800 and will be delivered Thursday. Got most of the pavers laid, then picked up, and relaid to get the perfect angle that will match the walkway from the house to the driveway, and then from the house to the garage....and it's finally looking decent. had to buy another pallet today to just do the the section to the garage....90 stones in a pallet..and about 5 will break. $5 each. Got the basement torn apart to start it's rebuild, and tomorrow one of the bedrooms will get stripped...

moving right along....just htought I'd post and tie the two threads back together, so here's the link to the original thread.

https://hondaswap.com/members-lounge/house-rebuild-thread-23569903-a-90598/

Pics in the other post now....;)

Back