Windows Vista

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hover for select is instantaneous , at least on my systems it is

Mac is good for graphic design. It's like the reason you have a stand alone calculator, even though a PC (or mac) can have a calculator. It just works, and it's made for that.

Nope, not since Apple stopped using proprietary chips.

octane.jpg

We been 64 bit before most knew what it was :)

w00t! Love those workstations.

linux ftw.

For some. :D

Your probably right Calesta. I havn't used a Mac in a while, and probably not an Intel one. I have little use for graphic desgin. Windows does all I need. But my buddy's graphic design firm Kaleidoscope, uses Macintosh's heavily (even still).

most firms still use macs because thats what people in the industry are accustom to. my last contract job before getting this one i was doing flash development on windows....i've never done that before.

w00t! Love those workstations.

The only thing I don't like is the %)!#&%$ 13w3 sync-on-green cable and monitor it requires. Fortunately I found a Syncmaster 700IFT to fit the bill. Now all I need is a SCSI cdrom drive and I can put a fresh Irix install on there.

I've always had a thing for SGI. Used to have an Indy as my desktop.

I have a whole pile of SCSI stuff. Plextor Ultraplex 40max?

I need an external drive with a mini 50 pin connector. The only other drive connection is an 80 pin backplane (which just so happens to be filled with a pair of Seagate Cheetahs :D )

Very nice! Love those Cheetahs! I wish I could justify buying them for my home PC. :D I used to be nothing but SCSI at home.

My Ultraplex is internal... although I do have a ton of PCI SCSI adapters with 50 pin connections, as well as a ton of mini 50 pin external cables that convert to just about anything.

Very nice! Love those Cheetahs! I wish I could justify buying them for my home PC. :D I used to be nothing but SCSI at home.

My Ultraplex is internal... although I do have a ton of PCI SCSI adapters with 50 pin connections, as well as a ton of mini 50 pin external cables that convert to just about anything.

I remember that one of the PCs at my old job (VCU) had a Cheetah as its main drive. Don't ask. We had to press the reset button at least once on that thing before it would boot properly... the drive was still spinning up and wasn't ready to be recognized :eek:

When I fire up that octane, you know when those drives start spinning. Sounds almost like a camera flash charging.

Yeah, my 10ks were pretty loud- but there's a delay switch in most SCSI controllers that lets you sequence and time the drive spin-up. You should be able to change those settings to make sure that the system doesn't start before all the drives are totally online.

Back