Witch do you think is better for H22A?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

aCCoRD-TyPe-R

I have a 94 Honda Accord with a swapped H-22A motor! Iam looking for turbo's and am thinking the " Garrett T/3 T/4 hybrid " Or the " Garrett T/25BB " . Iam not sure with is better for the space and spool up time? Iam planning on boosting between 20-30 PSI " T-O" If anyone has experince with same set up or has knowlege with this matter please post imput! Also what sizes in " wastegates " And " BOV" And " Intercooler"?

Shawn :unsure:

20-30 psi?

psi is relative, and shows your lack of knowledge of the topic of turbos.

lets walk you though here...

your t25 is tiny, and will spool up real fast, but will be dead at 5-6k rpms and like 8-10 psi and might give you 250 to the wheels if you are lucky

a t3/t4 hybrid- well, there's 21312 differen't sizes. a smaller one will top out around 14-16 ish and will give you 300-350. a larger one... well, at 27 psi (the most you are going to run with just about any standalone management system due to map sensor limitations) you could make 800 whp, but you won't do that on pump gas, thats for sure.

you need to set a GOAL. what POWER level would you like to see?

psi means jack shit for power. only riceboys go around saying they are running X psi to try to impress the other riceboys.

:p Well Iam white but, You are correct with lack of knowlege on turbo's! And thats also why I started a thread so that I can learn more about an investment before I make it! But I do see your point and Iam just hoping to have about 500-600 HP total! So maybe you can help me with my choice? :worthy:

why do you need 600 hp?

have you ever been in a FWD car with 300 hp?

i don't think you have any idea what you are getting yourself into

Of course he doesn't. But sometimes you gotta let em make their own mistakes.

And I agree, if you ride in a 300hp honda you'd be satisfied.
I've seen a honda putting alittle over 300hp take out a street bike on the freeway.

Besides with 600hp you'd probably kill yourself and everyone around you.

with 600 hp and street tires, its like trying to accelerate from a dead stop on solid ice. the 200 whp car will own you

:blink: That's great...... :unsure: Granted I left out Iam making my car drag, Not street. I do think your humor is funny but, Iam asking for advise or imput. I wasnt looking for a smart ass remark! :roll: But I do thank you for your imput! B)

Originally posted by NotUrAverage_Si@Dec 1 2003, 05:19 PM
Of course he doesn't. But sometimes you gotta let em make their own mistakes.

And I agree, if you ride in a 300hp honda you'd be satisfied.
I've seen a honda putting alittle over 300hp take out a street bike on the freeway.

Besides with 600hp you'd probably kill yourself and everyone around you.

Thats the stupidest thing ive ever heard! There is not a 300hp honda on the STREET that will take a bike! On the freeway it would be impossible.. the only thing it would beat is a moped or weak ex 500.. most 600's will run 11sec or faster runs! but anyways im just sticking up for bike owners who would laugh at that statement!

Originally posted by aCCoRD-TyPe-R@Dec 1 2003, 03:05 AM
:p Well Iam white but, You are correct with lack of knowlege on turbo's! And thats also why I started a thread so that I can learn more about an investment before I make it! But I do see your point and Iam just hoping to have about 500-600 HP total! So maybe you can help me with my choice? :worthy:

If your looking for that much power you may want to get yourself a supra or domestic v8!

Well It seems im only bringing negative posts to this topic so Ill make a positive one! You may want to contact a local performance shop or a well known shop in your area! Tell them what you have and what they offer! If i was you for my h22 i would get myself a good manifold.. pick up a turbo, either like what Greddy uses in there kit which i believe is a 18g.. or get a good t3/t4 setup Than get some intercooler piping made or you might even be able to purchase a kit..front mount intercooler and what ever b.o.v you desire! From there you are going to want to get a good fuel management system! if you can not get hondata.. trying using a good FPR from Vortec or what not! Maybe upgrade your pump and your injectors! you may cheat on what injectors on going with by asking Greddy what size they use! If i remember right a lot of peopl use 440cc. And if your h22 is not built dont plan going past 7-8 psi safely!

an 18g for 600 hp?? LMAO

440'ccs'? BAHAHAHA

maybe for 250....

you're going to need a straight t66 to hit that kind of power, and more importantly, a motor to hold it.

and some 1000-1200c injectors to feed it...
and a standalone to control it.

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Dec 2 2003, 07:41 AM
an 18g for 600 hp?? LMAO

440'ccs'? BAHAHAHA

maybe for 250....

you're going to need a straight t66 to hit that kind of power, and more importantly, a motor to hold it.

and some 1000-1200c injectors to feed it...
and a standalone to control it.

No i wasnt saying he would get that hp gain from those spec. turbos! But you and I both know hes not going to make 600hp anyways! If your not racing for AEM your not going to have that much power! If you can afford it more power too you! I asked stephan what the motors cost at a show last year for his h22 civic! he said AROUND 25k!

But that 18g or t3/t4 would be an ideal street setup! He did not say if this was a track only car so i am only assuming not and he will be puttin the car on the streets!

Originally posted by aCCoRD-TyPe-R@Dec 1 2003, 09:59 PM
:blink: That's great...... :unsure: Granted I left out Iam making my car drag, Not street. I do think your humor is funny but, Iam asking for advise or imput. I wasnt looking for a smart ass remark! :roll: But I do thank you for your imput! B)

Wait I reread the post! And I see this! Theres going to be another problem! if you putting this in an accord your wasting even more time! Accord= Boat

T04 or GT37, if you want a ball bearing turbo then get a GT35R, all will work@20psi. for 30psi the GT37 will work best.

Back