WTF is this?? NEW PICS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

nothing, thats normal.

I would recommend a cleaning and new stem seals for the head though.

stem seals due to heat?

its not burning oil, though. just dumping 4 quarts into the radiator every 60 miles :)

all valves will look like that...due to normal heat.

don't worry about it.

DSC00179.JPG

the old Z head. Intake valves will always be black, and the exhaust valves will always be burnt in color.

what do you guys use to get that old gasket off?

NO!

causes dips. You can't hold and work the wirewheel like a machine would.

If you use a wet scour pad and light pressue and lots of time.. maybe. I'm just saying I wouldn't do it. From owning a 7MGE I now have lots of friends in local machine shops that plain heads for $25.

well, i would have it planed but FUCKING DOUCHEBAG CANT EVER MAKE IT TO WORK ON TIME!!!

im thinking of just taking a day off, and re-assembling the damn crx. i think im going to be firing assistant #2.

i've used a palm DA and light grit with excellent results...

is it that bad with the razor blade?

i was looking through your pics and saw you still have the white number'ed shift knob...
look into a mid 80's prelude shift knob
orange numbers match your gauge cluster and its so much more comfortable
my favorite shift knob ever actually...

yeah i said fuck it with the head, the shop can take care of that when they plane it.

the block, on the other hand, is in great shape. the razor did wonders without gouging up anything. this will be my 3rd headgasket replacement that ive done, and ive learned my lessons, so i know :wink:

i like the stock knob :) i may replace it with a GSR leather one, though.

Speaking of 1st gens....

Matt, a local guy from my car club has this in his myspace profile. I've hard the story a few times - but never knew it was an innocent 1st gen. I figured it was a rusted out EF CRX.

Damn WRX owners...

****Celerity and others may not want to see this...it is very graphic - you have been warned****

593932579_l.jpg

594005630_l.jpg

I guess for his sake, the car had a fucked rear bumper and right 1/4 - but still - a tree?

:rip:

More people out there beat up first gens than any other gen. All of my favorite cars are considered the red headed step cars of the hobby.

-> S

Back